Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PGC'S Big Meeting >

PGC'S Big Meeting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC'S Big Meeting

Old 01-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PGC'S Big Meeting

Im glad the does in 3c wont get slaughtered for the first 5 days.Its better than nothing i guess.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: absolut40

Im glad the does in 3c wont get slaughtered for the first 5 days.Its better than nothing i guess.
i agree with you also.it should be interesting to see how the BROWN crowd is going to react to this first week.
up until now,they only had to look for BROWN and shoot, now they got to make sure its NOT a doe.big change in their lives.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: absolut40

i agree with you also.it should be interesting to see how the BROWN crowd is going to react to this first week.
up until now,they only had to look for BROWN and shoot, now they got to make sure its NOT a doe.big change in their lives.

i hope next year the PGC wakes up and do away with this buck under 3 points to side for anyone under 16.
what is kid learning when adults are shooting the buck and most of this is being done by crews driving deer.

Sproul when are you going to stop hijacking every thread with the same old soapbox speech? There's a thread on this very subject right here in the Northeast section. Go spew your tired old garbage there if you have to.

Better yet,
Leave the kids alone!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

comments moved over to the adults abusing jr hunters tag thing.[:@]
Old 02-01-2008, 02:26 PM

I'm a little concerned about the proposal to allow farmers to "hire" two people to shoot deer day and night for crop damage. This just seems like a plan ripe for abuse. Personally I think farmers already have enough options to kill deer between dmap and red tags.

Anybody around our place who would do this for a farmer wouldn't be accepted to well. EVeryone knows everyone elses business up there and don't take kindly to that many deer being killed on top of the red tags and regular season.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:44 PM

From what I heard your number will be the same every year from this. I am not sure I like this system. It's just another way of tracking people in the future.The price of tags will sure to rise also. I am new here but more money less game to hunt = BS.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

So in other words,you feel the cost of a lisence should be directly tied to the number of deer you see each year?For a few extra bucks,maybe the PGC could start providing quaranteed tags.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

from what you hear at club meeting, in future you are going to see more STAMPS for different things, like apheasant,grouse, rabbit,or just a small game stamp.

i do think this is way to go but unless the things improve on game we see, i dont se many buying a stamp.

PGC thinks by increasing time you have to hunt will get more people to BUY ,they are wrong.

i hear many at sporting goods store that are quiting hunting and fishing do to cost lack of game/fish.

these people have lots of time to do both.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

from what you hear at club meeting, in future you are going to see more STAMPS for different things, like apheasant,grouse, rabbit,or just a small game stamp.
No such proposals or even discussion have been put forth.

Just more BS drunk talk!

PGC thinks by increasing time you have to hunt will get more people to BUY ,they are wrong.

Guys with weekday jobs get two days off. In this day and age many only get Sunday.Adding Sunday doublesthe opportunities for many and creates a one day opportunity for those guys whohave towork Saturday.
Kinda selfish for a retiree todeny a workin guy just one more (maybe the only day) day to hunt

i hear many at sporting goods store that are quiting hunting and fishing do to cost lack of game/fish.

these people have lots of time to do both.
Maybe they need to take some of that time and go get a job so they could afford the few bucks it takes for a license
Old 02-12-2008, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

So in other words,you feel the cost of a lisence should be directly tied to the number of deer you see each year?For a few extra bucks,maybe the PGC could start providing quaranteed tags.
Why should I pay for something that is more than a gamble than the lottery? The PGC was put in place to preserve hunting for all. The way I see it they are not doing their job. They are killing the deer off for what reason other than they think they know what they are doing.Deer have survived how many years in large quanity and then out of the blue they know better than mother nature? I just hope there is not a depression here our country. I feel sorry for those who don't own a few acres and don't know how to farm. There will be no deer at all left for anyone to hunt to survive. This should be looked at also as a mans security if food is ever needed. It's an abuse and unthoughtful thought out idea without looking at the bigger picture if something in our country happens.These animals could be our survival as they was back when of our founding fathers didn't go to the store to buy what they needed. To say this could never happen to us is BS thinking.Or maybe to many people have to much faith in the government to take care of all. I am sorry but I don't have that faith and no else should either. This is about security and survival if SHTF here in america. Something that many can't see. What do I know,I look at deer hunting more than a sport and that alone should be a sin to kill for sport.It's not a sport to me. It's a survival skill that is practiced every year so I don't get rusty if the time calls.
Some people have morals others don't.I do respect the ones on here who understand this is not to be a sport.

Quick Reply: PGC'S Big Meeting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.