Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
GOOD LUCK De Gunners.... >

GOOD LUCK De Gunners....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

GOOD LUCK De Gunners....

Old 01-27-2002, 06:24 AM

Default RE: GOOD LUCK De Gunners....

Pretty good day Saturday. Lots of people out!!! Saw some deer, had a spike chase a doe in front of my stand just before dark! I think his (or hers) timing is way off!!! Anybody going out with smokepoles next week?
Old 01-28-2002, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Yep....Ill be out again. No luck this past sat. In the area we hunt, the Quads have been running in there (illegally) and the deer were not there. They actually moved east of where they were a week ago. How do I know this??? By all the shooting taking place. I also think they had a drive going, cause there were an aweful lot of trucks parked together.
I am baffled as to where to hunt next weekend. I might just go to an area I havent hunted and do some still/walk hunting. Any ideas??

AllenC
Old 01-28-2002, 06:27 AM

AllenC, I've walked alot of the Old Furnace Wildlife Area. It's very good ground and held a ton of deer before the State got it. I haven't been on there in the last two years. Could be a good walk! A second option is the Midlands Wildlife Area. I hunt a good farm in the middle of it and there is a ton of deer. The farther back you go, the better it should get! Good luck!!
Old 01-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

DeBob, Where is Midlands??? I just might check it out on Sat.

AllenC
Old 01-28-2002, 05:48 PM

Midlands is east of Laurel closer to Millsboro. I get to our property by turning left onto Carey's Camp Road off Route 24. Midlands is right behind our property. I found it by chasing down a very vocal gobbler this past spring.Odd as it was, he wouldn't leave the public ground!!!

The State of Delaware Webpage has pretty good maps. www.dnrec.state.de.us/fw/ While your checking out the maps, check Old Furnace, Lang, and the Industrial Forest Lands called Barr track.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

DeBob and Coolerpup you are hunting in my back yard. Bull Pine is about a mile from my mothers. Who is your grandpop, I probably know him. I know just about everybody that lives at Bull Pine. Jim Marvel, Joe Smith, Gene Campbell, etc. And my brother lives neaxt door to the Providence Church Hall before you get to Wilson Baker fuel yard. One of you was talking about Zoar Church I used to get acrtoss country that was to go to the beach. Should be some deer in that part of town. Careys Camp bring back sdome memories of my youth, used to go to the camp asnd sniff out the honies, My sister in laws people Dorey) live around there,,, Small world, when you live in Delaware you know everybody,,, My nephew is baseball coach at Laurel High School. Jerry Mears.....
Old 01-29-2002, 06:21 AM

RonM, My Grandfather is Jim Marvel. I've got alot of friends and family in that area! Baxters, Marvels, Warringtons, Puseys, Richardsons, Penuels, etc.

I lease a piece of property near Zoar Church. A friend took a P&Y buck in velvet off the property three years ago. He shot the smaller of the two. Man, Delaware is a small world!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

DeBob it is samll world, Jim and Ann Marvel have been dear friends of my parents. ,Jim was my school teacher and friend, he was a General {If I recall} in the Natl Guard. He just had the two girls Carol adnd Lana, one of them has to be your mom. Carol is a couple years younger that I am, went to school with my brothers. Last time I saw her was about 5 yrs ago at NWTF dinner at Felton. If she is your mother then your dad has something to do with NWTF, maybe past president . Also she told me they have a place in Sullivan County, Pa. It is definately a small world. If you see your grandpop tell him Ronnie Mears says hi., hope all is well with him.......
Old 01-29-2002, 09:00 AM

RonM, My Mom is Carole. She actually has two sisters, Linda and Monta. My father was the President of the NWTF a time or two. He is still very active in that organization!! He is actually credited with initiating the turkey relocation in Delaware. In the late 70's, he made a special trip to visit Rob Keck of the National NWTF to get the finances thrown DE's way. I wish the poachers around GTown would give them a chance to expand, but alas, greed perserveres!!

Good memory, we do have a place, actually the side of a mountain, in Sullivan County. It's one of my favorite places on earth!!!

My grandfather was indeed a General and, as I understand it, taught/administered school as if he still carried that rank! I heard he was very tough! I see him on occaision and wish I saw him more! He's quite a character! Now in his late 70's, he still works as a carpenter everyday!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

After I emailed you I remembereed Monta. "Jimmie Lee" was a good administrator and a good person, One of my classmates use to help him on the farm and they had a construction , he worked there too, Jay King.I see Jay occasionally adnd we hark back. Name of the co. was EMP Eshleman, Marvel, Proudfoot, all teachers at GHS. Sometime if you get aq minute email me at [email protected] small world...

Quick Reply: GOOD LUCK De Gunners....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.