HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Muzzle Loaders in Mass (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/224445-muzzle-loaders-mass.html)

Mike Hill 12-27-2007 10:10 AM

Muzzle Loaders in Mass

hope you guys are having a good muzzle loader season I have taken 2 I took the buck on Sat. 22 Dec. I thought it was a doe it was missing its antlers. I found one in his bed the other one I never found. The Doe I shot on Monday Dec. 24. Both these deer were taken from the same tree stand. The same stand I shot 3 with the muzzle loader last year. Get on out and have a ball it ain't over till its over.

Western MA Hunter 12-27-2007 12:25 PM

RE: Muzzle Loaders in Mass

Too bad he dropped his horns. At least you found one. Nice looking fork!
Took tomorrow off. Gonna give it hell tomorrow and Sat. in a couple of spots I know there are a few hiding.
Wifes uncle took a decent 8 Xmas Eve AM. Horns were on tight. Most being brought in now have dropped.

Congrats Mike. You had a good season! how many is that?

Western MA Hunter 12-27-2007 12:26 PM

You've gotta love the Omega... My favorite gun. I have the same one but w/out the thumbhole.

Big Stubby 01-02-2008 06:35 PM

Mike, great job again this year as usual. I missed a doe second to last day of the season with my Omega. I need to practice more.

Mike Hill 01-05-2008 11:12 AM

Stubby if you need any help with that Omega let me know I am no expert but I have been doing muzzle loaders for over 35 years so I picked up a thing or 2. Plus as you can see in the photo I am using an Omega as my primary muzzle Loader. There is a lot of good info on the muzzle loader thread here as well. But again if you need help don't hezitate. Mike

Western Ma hunter I took 9 whitetails this year the most I have ever taken in one year. The deer gods were very good to me even though some feel I shot deer that were too small I will repeat myself on that issue every deer I soht was legal and belive me if I didn't shoot them some one else would have. Lots and lots of hunters where I was hunting in Ct. Count was Ct. = 4 all were with rifle Mass. = 5 2 bow 1 shot gun and 2 muzzle loader.

I'll take another year next year just like this one. Good luck guys and don't forget to do plenty of scouting for next year.

Big Stubby 01-06-2008 04:52 PM

Mike, Thanks for the offer, but I just need to practice more. I didn't compesate for a slightly uphill shot and shot under her. I'm glad you had a great year and it's too bad some of these so called " Trophy Hunters" don't see it that way. You just keep killen'em.

sc003ro 01-08-2008 02:42 PM

too bad you "if its brown its down" guys will not let the babies grow...too each is his own I guess

shoot does especially in CT.whack and em stack em BUT.......Lets the spikes grow !!!!

Western MA Hunter 01-09-2008 07:11 AM

Unfortunately, it's tough to do that on public land here in MA. The only way it would work is if they did something like PA has w/ antler restrictions.

jf5 01-09-2008 09:13 AM

To each his own guys. Lets not go off topic... Plenty of AR threads already..

Western MA Hunter 01-09-2008 09:29 AM

I hear ya Jf5...