Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Muzzle Loaders in Mass >

Muzzle Loaders in Mass

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Muzzle Loaders in Mass

Old 12-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Muzzle Loaders in Mass

hope you guys are having a good muzzle loader season I have taken 2 I took the buck on Sat. 22 Dec. I thought it was a doe it was missing its antlers. I found one in his bed the other one I never found. The Doe I shot on Monday Dec. 24. Both these deer were taken from the same tree stand. The same stand I shot 3 with the muzzle loader last year. Get on out and have a ball it ain't over till its over.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Muzzle Loaders in Mass

Too bad he dropped his horns. At least you found one. Nice looking fork!
Took tomorrow off. Gonna give it hell tomorrow and Sat. in a couple of spots I know there are a few hiding.
Wifes uncle took a decent 8 Xmas Eve AM. Horns were on tight. Most being brought in now have dropped.

Congrats Mike. You had a good season! how many is that?

Old 12-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've gotta love the Omega... My favorite gun. I have the same one but w/out the thumbhole.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Spike

Mike, great job again this year as usual. I missed a doe second to last day of the season with my Omega. I need to practice more.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stubby if you need any help with that Omega let me know I am no expert but I have been doing muzzle loaders for over 35 years so I picked up a thing or 2. Plus as you can see in the photo I am using an Omega as my primary muzzle Loader. There is a lot of good info on the muzzle loader thread here as well. But again if you need help don't hezitate. Mike

Western Ma hunter I took 9 whitetails this year the most I have ever taken in one year. The deer gods were very good to me even though some feel I shot deer that were too small I will repeat myself on that issue every deer I soht was legal and belive me if I didn't shoot them some one else would have. Lots and lots of hunters where I was hunting in Ct. Count was Ct. = 4 all were with rifle Mass. = 5 2 bow 1 shot gun and 2 muzzle loader.

I'll take another year next year just like this one. Good luck guys and don't forget to do plenty of scouting for next year.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Spike

Mike, Thanks for the offer, but I just need to practice more. I didn't compesate for a slightly uphill shot and shot under her. I'm glad you had a great year and it's too bad some of these so called " Trophy Hunters" don't see it that way. You just keep killen'em.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:42 PM

too bad you "if its brown its down" guys will not let the babies grow...too each is his own I guess

shoot does especially in CT.whack and em stack em BUT.......Lets the spikes grow !!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Unfortunately, it's tough to do that on public land here in MA. The only way it would work is if they did something like PA has w/ antler restrictions.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:13 AM
jf5

To each his own guys. Lets not go off topic... Plenty of AR threads already..
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear ya Jf5...

Quick Reply: Muzzle Loaders in Mass

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.