Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction >

Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction

Old 12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction

I heard a rumor the other week of a new Cabela's coming to the Smyrna Delaware area.I was told they have bought the land etc..etc..

I went to there web site and saw no mention of new Cablea's in that area.Maybe to soon for announcement on website???

Anybody else heard this - fact or fiction??

Would be nice to see a Cabela's come to Delaware vs yet another Wally Wal-Mart !
Old 12-21-2007, 04:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction

I heard the rumor too Al. Cabalas denied the rumor. The place in question is about 3 miles from my house at the 114 exit of Rt1. Big piece being developed at the end of the exit. I see one building going up that could be a Cabelas and still a lot of undeveloped space on this piece. There are about 4 buildings going up so far, a WaWa, a bank, a liquor store and the building I spoke of above. Would be great to have it happen in the land of no sales tax. It would draw from 4 states all within about a 45 minute drive.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, that would be interesting. Isn't there one in NJ now?...or wasn't there supposed to be?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

yes there is one in NJ
Old 12-22-2007, 05:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: DJBAD

yes there is one in NJ
Where might that be, North Jersey somewhere?
Old 12-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to dissapoint you guys, but no Cabela's coming to Delaware...yet. There was an article in the Smyrna/Clayton times a while back. They backed out for some reason, but said it's not out of the question in the future. Rickmur, that new building going up on the corner, next to the Wafflehoue, is going to be the new Smyrna Diner. Where do you live? I live a couple miles west of Clayton.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thay havn't broke ground on the dinner yet. The building I'm speaking is next to the liquer storeand in back of the new oneis constructed of cinderblock. I live in Lakeshore Village by the Blue water tower next to the railroad tracks just north of Rt42 and 13. Have to get together and shoot sometime.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Gotcha. I take that roadon the back end of your developement, along the tracksfrom Cheswold to Masseys Millpond, once in a while on my way to or from Dover.Wife and I areouta here sometime in the spring. Picking up stakes and headed up to Tioga county PA. Getting too crowded here.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes lthat rumor was disspelled a couple months ago, Cabelas said " we have plans to build at about a dozen locations in the near future, but Smyrna, Delaware is not one of them.... I know that at least 2 banks are going in there , they are doing battle now to see who is going to be first.. That is called Simons Corner, that propeerty was bought from PeeWee Simons... Ground was broke across the street last Tuesday for the Smyrna Diner... So the 3 year rumor is finally coming to fruition....
Old 12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets face it - We do need another Wa-Wa,Bank,Liquor store - and of course another Lowe's,Home Depot - and - lets not forget another Frip Frappin Super Friggin Wally Wal-Walmart!

Cabela's - what a Stupid Azz Idea

Quick Reply: Rumor of Cabela's in Delaware - Fact or Fiction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.