Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here? >

Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

ORIGINAL: truehitter

you proved nothing so put ya hot sauce on ya keyboard and maybe that can help ya come up with more you state 250+ now ya saying 225 to 250 make ya mind up hold on i'm sorry forgive me lord not everone sees big deer like we do in the south brent if ya say it i'll beieve it its yoursto tell good luck next season
Huh?? Are you always this cynical or am I special? The deer was big, I'd say it was probably 250 on the hoof, and I've seen and weighed plenty of deer in my life, I think I am pretty good at judging a deer's weight. And yes, the + may have been a stretch, but the ~250 guess sure isn't.

Of course, what do I know, I only saw the deer up close in personal, cut it's stinky head off, had a game warden issue me a non-kill tag for it, and prepped the antlers for a wall mount. You on the other hand saw a 5x5 inch pic of the head I posted, so everyone should defer to your expertise. Although you missing my sarcastic humor in my reply to you is a hit on your astute judgement.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also from martinsburg, but hunt closer here to home.

Here is a WV killed (just across the interstate from the mall) buck that was 219 lbs field dressed.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 PM

nice buck josh got him on his way to the mall shopping for all his does lol congrads
Old 12-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JoshKeller

I'm also from martinsburg, but hunt closer here to home.

Here is a WV killed (just across the interstate from the mall) buck that was 219 lbs field dressed.

Nice buck, I see a lot of deer in that field over the course of the year, never a buck like that though. There is no farm land in the area I hunt, and we don't have food plots up yet because we lack the time and we're worried about poachers. I'm hoping that within 5 years we'll start managing it.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bet you had to jump out of way real FAST when you took your foot off his antler!!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Brent, those are some fine bucks! Sorry to hear about the blue tongue. Here in Maryland, it has about wiped out herds, so I feel your pain. I've imposed a 6 or better rule on my place in WV. Got my first shooter buck in several years this fall, but no monster: 8 point, 15 inch spread. Good luck to you!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DougMD

Hey Brent, those are some fine bucks! Sorry to hear about the blue tongue. Here in Maryland, it has about wiped out herds, so I feel your pain. I've imposed a 6 or better rule on my place in WV. Got my first shooter buck in several years this fall, but no monster: 8 point, 15 inch spread. Good luck to you!
Thanks, we found 2 dead on our land, our neighbor had a couple more, but an area 4 miles down the road of us had 143 dead deer. Prior to this season I had never even heard of that disease.

My kids are 2.5 and 3.5, when they are both 5+ I will be going back there a lot and planting crops, making a few secure food plots away from the roads and ATV trails, and will try my damndest to get my hunting party not to shoot little ones. I already take heat for letting the young deer pass me by though, I hear "You can't eat the antlers..." about 50 times per season.

The Game Warden in that county is my dad's best friend since they were toddlers and for the last few years he has helped us keep trespassers out by making a continual presence for us, but prior to that we'd stumble upon 5-10 poached deer per year, it was bad, and of course they were laying there sans head and backstraps, the rest were there. [>:]

What county is Gambrills in? I used to hunt Comus, Md in Montgomery county and I saw several bucks that could have got me on the cover of a few magazines, but I was young and could never close the deal. That piece of property is now a high end development.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up in Doddridge County. I haven't hunted back there since 1968. I still have some family in Buckhannon.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

Im just the oppositeI grew up in P G county until i was 15 and moved to wva my family or some still live in md always wanting me to hunt up there but never have they say there are some nice ones up that way
Old 12-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some land in Wetzel County pretty close to Marion County. theres some pics of some of the deer I have killed there on my myspace page. Killed my best yet up there this year on Thanksgiving Day in that wind and rain storm. Almost 18 inches inside.....dont know what the weight was but he damn near killed me dragging it. Shot him a little past noon and got him to a road for hauling him out at almost 5 [:'(] Som eof the deer on there are from Wyoming but the majority are Wetzel County bucks.

http://www.myspace.com/red28wv

Quick Reply: Any Harrison/Marion county WV hunters here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.