Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any northeasterners go west? >

Any northeasterners go west?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any northeasterners go west?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Any northeasterners go west?

Anybody here head to the mid west to witness those monster bucks? Me and a couple guys are interestedin going to illinois, ohio, indiana etc.. for a week or so hunting trip (next fall). I really have no clue how to even get the trip started I would like to hunt farm land, not some high fenced outfitter. If anyonehas any information for me pleaserespond here or email me at [email protected].
Old 12-15-2007, 12:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any northeasterners go west?

Are you lookin to go with archery,shotgun,muzzleloader,or rifle?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

any of the above
Old 12-15-2007, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Why not try going to the 2008 Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show, in Harrisburg, Pa, Saturday February 2nd – Sunday February 10th...There will be 1200 hunting vendors and 500 outfitters...I went this past February and had a ball...You can talk directly to the outfitters rather then on the phone.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

We hunted Ohio the past 2 years and be ready for lots of pressure on public lands. There are good numbers of deer but I wasn't ready for all the other hunters. To be honest it wasn't what I thought it was. This year we leased some private land and the pressure was more in line to what we were used to. We found it hard to get permission on private land without leasing.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have finally come to my senses...it's taken me only 16 years...and going to hunt my in-laws farm in Calhoun co. Illinois, next fall with the muzzleloader. My wife is buying me my non-resident license for a x-mas present. I can't wait!
Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

bow 4 it..... you are very lucky, id love to have a hook up out there....how much land will you be hunting? Ive been looking online for leases but cant seem to find anything thats reasonable for 4 or 5 guys.....If anyone has any info plmk.

thx Rob
Old 12-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,

Sent you a PM

Bob
Old 12-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dollar Trifecta

bow 4 it..... you are very lucky, id love to have a hook up out there....how much land will you be hunting? Ive been looking online for leases but cant seem to find anything thats reasonable for 4 or 5 guys.....If anyone has any info plmk.

thx Rob
Very lucky indeed Rob. My in-laws have 130 acres, plus my wife has a cousin in Greene co. that has 300 acres, and she told me that i'm welcome to hunt there anytime.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:52 AM
jf5

Go to Montana...you won't regret it. Lots of room, lots of deer (W-tails and Mulies), and you can get an elk deer combo tag if you want.

Quick Reply: Any northeasterners go west?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.