Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
First Whitetail! >

First Whitetail!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

First Whitetail!

Old 01-26-2003, 10:55 AM

Default First Whitetail!

Finally after 5 years of unsucsessful hunting trips i bagged my first whitetail yesterday, 1/25/03,during NJ's permit shotgun season. me and my buddy were in a groundblind at the edge of a field near a hedgerow that divided 2 fields. Right before sunset a group of deer came down the far side of the hedgerow and into sight about 35 yards out. they weren't stopping so my buddy hit a call and they froze, i put the bead of my 870 Express on the closest one and let the 000 Buck fly. it was a clean shot and the deer took off about 50 yds before dropping. it was an antlerless, probably about a year or so old. i'm glad i finally got my first deer, hopefully i'll have better luck from now on. Anyone else bag thier first deer this season?
Old 01-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-26-2003, 11:09 AM

Default RE: First Whitetail!

Congrats SAvage, nothing like your first deer and nothing like a late season whitetail!

Jim

Visit me on the Web...
http://www.huntinginga.com
Old 01-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats!! i didnt get my first deer this year but my 3rd doe and first buck...you will never forget your first..its been 4 years since i shot mine and i remember it like yesterday...congrats to you...wish i could be deer hunting still!! i got to hunt a whole 4hrs this season...3 the first day and tagged out for htat area then i hunted with my dad but i was tagged out up there and then i got to hunt the last day for an hour where i had another doe tag...it was raining and cold and we had 4 deer in the frezzer with only 2 people eating the meat...we gun the guns up early...congrats to you...the rest seem to come easy..
Old 01-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey congrates on your first deer.No matter how many deer you get or how big they might be,that first will always be remembered like it just happened.I remember details about my first little doe 47 years ago,more then others along the road of hunting almost a half decade.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:56 AM

Congrats. Now that you have landed that first fish you can relax a little out there.

Old 01-27-2003, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your very first whitetail, savageshot. It's a great feeling when ya finally break the ice with that first deer.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your deer there is nothing like the thrill of yoour first.(Unless of course its your second.)
Old 01-28-2003, 06:54 AM

Congrats on your deer
Old 01-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first.I'm sure there will be many more in your future.

Quick Reply: First Whitetail!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.