Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who's Still Hunting in NY? >

Who's Still Hunting in NY?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who's Still Hunting in NY?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who's Still Hunting in NY?

Going out this Saturday afternoon with my son- looking for a Doe in the Standing corn - Hope we can get into the cabin - about 1-2 ft of snow already this week.

The NEXT weekend is Blackpowder - and I still have 2 tags - hoping to get a chance at a buck in the corn. We've got 3-4 acres of standing corn, ALL the other land around us in now picked - and the deeper the snow gets...............

Looking forward to the next 2 weekends!

Anyone else got a late season hunt planned?

FH
Old 12-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who's Still Hunting in NY?

I just got back from a Caribou hunt and our Muzzleloader season is open but I'm not sure if I'll go out or not...I've only got my buck tag to fill and the bucks are pretty scarce around here this year...Maybe I'll wait and use it during early bow next fall.

Good luck to all those still hunting!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

My son got a six point Tuesday, I got a nice doe Wednesday, I'll be out this afternoon and over the weekend.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ill be out and act like it isnt even cold out
Old 12-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

It's supposed to be balmy in the soutern tier this weekend high in the low thirties and lows only in the mid twenties. Be able to leave a layer or two at home.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:32 PM

ill be out htere fo shizzle. i got a nice doe last weekend been to busy to post. I need a nice buck to make Team 22 on the scoreboard by my chances are quite slim. Im hoping to have a good hunt however. good luck to those new yorkers out there still hoping to score big!

tha dank..
chronic
Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 PM

This weekend is the last hoorah in the Northern Zone(Black Powder). Going out one last time in the morning then it'll be time to put the guns away until next season.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ooops my plans have changed...Just got a call from my hunting partner and we are getting a large group together to put on a bunch of drives this weekendto end the Northern Zone muzzleloader season...Ahhh I can smell the burnt powder now...
Old 12-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TPhunter

Ooops my plans have changed...Just got a call from my hunting partner and we are getting a large group together to put on a bunch of drives this weekendto end the Northern Zone muzzleloader season...Ahhh I can smell the burnt powder now...
You mean southern zone, right?

Had 3 deer within range all season, opening day of bow (spike), another spike opening day of Shotgun and a doe i hit tonight, she was spraying every 2-4 feet, bedded twice, and i lost her trail a solid 250 yards into it, I just don't understand, heading back down in the morning to do some more follow up (ran out of daylight).
Old 12-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Im out of buck tags so im gonna try and fill my antlerless bow/muzzleloader tag this week.Probably go to my camp in Tioga county for our last hurrah of the season.

Quick Reply: Who's Still Hunting in NY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.