Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Call to arms..LI, NY >

Call to arms..LI, NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Call to arms..LI, NY

Old 12-06-2007, 05:54 AM
Spike

Default Call to arms..LI, NY

I am posting to let everyone know that the town of Brookhaven is having a meeting on Dec. 18, 6pm town hall to discuss enacting a no discharge of firearms law for all of the township, including the bay bottom. This will effectively end hunting in Brookhaven, which is about 2/3 of Suffolk county. I implore every sportsman on Long Island to attend this meeting, and show support. We need solidarity..it doesn't matter if you use a gun or bow, whether a waterfowler or an uplander, or a bowhunter....if this passes, mark my words, ALL hunting will end for LI,..its just a matter of time..the trickle down effect will be devastating. PLEASE make every effort to attend and SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!!! thanks, Rich
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 AM

Default RE: Call to arms..LI, NY

thanks for heads up. I'll spread the word around Nassau Co. too. They already have banned hunting in Nassau other than ducks so I know the feeling you're getting.
What has prompted such an agenda?
Is it the fast talking libby-left loones?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really doubt they will put an end to hunting in an area where deer really need to be thinned out. Hunters will sooner not be able to hunt because of landowners not allowing hunting than any gun ban. Not having access to private land is probably the number one reason the entire state is losing hunters at a very rapid rate in recent years.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Some of the biggest pieces of state land reside in Brookhaven! There is no way this could go through. I will do my best to be there.!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

man i wish i can be there i live right down the road from there but my girl has to be at the doctors for a sonogram of my first and next hunter. i will try my best to get there...
Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

don't get me wrong but other than state land or bay bottoms isnt brookhaven pretty much house upon house? last time i was there it didnt look like the kinda place you could really do any type of shooting...
Old 12-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

No there is still some room to shoot. I will be there and i will spread the word at my local archery shop as well.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Spike

Update: We won this round..ammendment to the no transporting of firearms through town property was passed..thanks to all that showed up and supported...Rich
Old 12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

you mean you are not going to take up golf, Rich?
Old 12-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

you mean passed as in didnt go through??? i had to go to the doctor with my girlfriend.. Did a lot of people attend??

Quick Reply: Call to arms..LI, NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.