Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs >

A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

it used to be that we would sit around camp and talk about buck that got away, you know what MOST of hunters talk about now,I GOT A BIG SUPPLY OF DEER BOLONA IN FRIG..

OK Sproul,Let me get this straight. MOST hunters talk about the big supply of deer meat thay got......GOT IT!

But wait, whats this?

from my reports this year many hunters saw NO DEER,1 deer or 2 deer for 2 weeks of hunting.
some nice bucks were killed but most said they saw NO FAWNS and ones they did see were layingin the truck bed.
I'm gettin a headache here! How is it that most hunters have a good supply of deer bolgna when they saw NO DEER or maybe 1 or 2?

One of us is VERY CONFUSED here and it aint me!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

1.The herd has not been wiped out.Unfortunately,in some cases it had to be greatly reduced to give the habitat a chance to recover.
2.Bucks in all age classes will breed.
3.Are you serious.The health of the herd is totaly dependent on the state of the habitat.Better habitat will prodice bigger more healthy deer and much better fawn recruitment rates.More high quality browse will most certainly invrease both boody weight and antlergrowth.
4.Protein has nothing to do with genetics.
douge, how can HABITAT recover when the forest is SHADEd by maple trees?
if the DCNR does not cut trees,forest will not RECOVER as you say.
no new growth is going to happen under that CANOPY OF MAPLES.trees DONT grow in shade................

you know this,DCNR is out to grow trees not to grow browse for deer.
they could care less if we have 1 deer left..

hunting will do nothing but get worst here in WMU2G.

reason we had deer years ago was not due to PERFECTHABITAT ,it was because DOE permits were less and only 3 days of doe.
also hunters DID NOT kill off all their doe in area they hunted, they MANAGED their doe themselves..

now, you will come back and say,WELL SPROULE,THATS WHY FOREST IS IN SHAPE ITS IN..
well, i got answer to that, forest is in shape its in because the DCNR will not cut trees to let in the SUN so young trees can grow .

yet,DCNR says deer are eating trees, deer cant eat something that never had chance to grow anyhow.

we all want GREAT habitat for deer,at least i think most of us do other than DCNR.
i had forester tell me that trees are NOT OLD ENOUGH to cut down for wood,said they need another 50 to 75 years..

so, if state of pa is going to MANAGE timber ,then deer are going to take a hit .
just look at programs to better the HABITAT for deer,the DCNR is getting involved in pa wilds,all their time is going for TRAILS,ROADS,TOURS, HISTORICAL THINGS,HIKING, CANOEING,4 WHEELING, SNOWMOBILING ETC.

where is the PLAN to improve the forest to make huge improvements in DEER BROWSE..

there is no PLAN..

its GROWING trees,that is MISSION now,not improving deer ..

Old 12-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

it used to be that we would sit around camp and talk about buck that got away, you know what MOST of hunters talk about now,I GOT A BIG SUPPLY OF DEER BOLONA IN FRIG..

OK Sproul,Let me get this straight. MOST hunters talk about the big supply of deer meat thay got......GOT IT!

But wait, whats this?

from my reports this year many hunters saw NO DEER,1 deer or 2 deer for 2 weeks of hunting.
some nice bucks were killed but most said they saw NO FAWNS and ones they did see were layingin the truck bed.
I'm gettin a headache here! How is it that most hunters have a good supply of deer bolgna when they saw NO DEER or maybe 1 or 2?

i dont know what you dont understand..
up until THIS year you heard that FILL THE FREEZER comments ,this year i have not heard it as much.

1 camp had 15 hunters,other had 17for 1 st week and got 1 doe here in clinton county.
this same camp a few years ago MADE THAT STATEMENT to me,I GOT A FREEZER FULL OF MEAT.

i heard it today at wal -mart todaybut that group hunts on PRIVATELAND...

also being we have 2 weeks of doe and early doe season,hunters are getting 3 weeks to FILL THAT FREEZER.

that does not mean there are LOTS of doe here in WMU2G.
it means they are getting more time and more counties to go to FILL THE FREEZER..

i have friends that drive keating mtn,they cleaned every deer off the side hills there.

guess where they are FILLING FREEZER NOW?

not in WMU2G,they are going to PITTSBURGH AREA.

keep coming after me, i know i am getting to you with TRUTH,you are backer of the DEER ERADICATION PROGRAM,most likely youhave interest in seeing deer gone or to convince people they are here so you can BENEFIT in some way.

want to come clean on your MOTIVES?[:-]
Old 12-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

But wait, whats this?

i dont know what you dont understand..
up until THIS year you heard that FILL THE FREEZER comments ,this year i have not heard it as much.

1 camp had 15 hunters,other had 17for 1 st week and got 1 doe here in clinton county.
this same camp a few years ago MADE THAT STATEMENT to me,I GOT A FREEZER FULL OF MEAT.

i heard it today at wal -mart todaybut that group hunts on PRIVATELAND...

also being we have 2 weeks of doe and early doe season,hunters are getting 3 weeks to FILL THAT FREEZER.

that does not mean there are LOTS of doe here in WMU2G.
it means they are getting more time and more counties to go to FILL THE FREEZER..

i have friends that drive keating mtn,they cleaned every deer off the side hills there.

guess where they are FILLING FREEZER NOW?

not in WMU2G,they are going to PITTSBURGH AREA.

keep coming after me, i know i am getting to you with TRUTH,you are backer of the DEER ERADICATION PROGRAM,most likely youhave interest in seeing deer gone or to convince people they are here so you can BENEFIT in some way.

want to come clean on your MOTIVES?[:-]

Sorry, no time to explain my motives right now. Got two truckloads of coyotes and a dozen cougars arriving today. It's gonna take most of the day to get them all releasedacross 2G and 2F. Those insurance companies sure do pay well for the work.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproul's buddies are heading to Pittsburgh now.Last year they were headed to Rockton mountain.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love how random people from across the state are able to go to a place with such little open land and find a place to hunt, yet everyone who lives down here struggles to have just one little place they can hunt.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep that truck of yotes out there BT.We don't want them.

sproul,don't bother coming to rockton mountain.Only thing there is a 600 pound bear and lost dog.

Unless BT let that truckload of yotes loose up there.Then the dog aint lost he's dead.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: germain

keep that truck of yotes out there BT.We don't want them.

sproul,don't bother coming to rockton mountain.Only thing there is a 600 pound bear and lost dog.

Unless BT let that truckload of yotes loose up there.Then the dog aint lost he's dead.
No yotes stocked there this trip. Thats where we dumped the cougars!

Got a load of wolves coming next month.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's mighty nice of you BT but I was hoping you'd throw in a big foot or two.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

yea .yea .....and we sit over here with not a sign of lions, tigers or bears oh my.

Quick Reply: A friendly deer camp debate...about PA regs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.