Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Little Bear Hunters >

PA Little Bear Hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Little Bear Hunters

Old 12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA Little Bear Hunters

ORIGINAL: DR KILL

I WONDER IF ALL THE BEARS WERE WALKING TOGETHER AND THEY SHOT THE MOM THEN THE CUBS?
I GUESS IF YOU KILL THE MOM WILL THE CUBS SURVIVE?
MAYBE ALL THE SAME IF THEY KILLED THE MOM FIRST,.
MYSELF I WOULD PASS , ONCE IN A LIFETIME OP, OR NOT I WOULD LET THEM PASS AND HAVE A GOOD STORY TO TELL FRIENDS

DR KILL
Good for you, but when my hunting party drives 2 miles of laurel, briars and clear cuts and i proceed to tell them I have a great story on how I passed on a 50lb cub that walked by, I have to sleep with 1 eye open @ camp. This debate will go back and forth every year.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Host of Hosts

I'd be willing to bet that if anyone on this forum seen any one of those bears in the woods would have their guns shouldered and safeties clicked off so fast it'd make your head spin

I'll take that bet too.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Typical Buck

I'm just curious but what exactly do you do with a 47 pound bear.Do youmake a door mat or do you full mount it for all to laugh at. Maybe even take your 15 pounds of meat and throw the rest away.I would like to hearwhat you guys do with it.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Full body mount no doubt.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

O yea guys by the way here is another twist to this story you guys can fight about. I heard that Cabelas offered the shooter $140,000 for his albino bear! Hmmmmm now what?? I guess it woulda really been smart to pass him up.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Three guys shot four bears? Something's missing here.
Cabelas is buying the bear? The guy is gonnaanswer to the lawthen. That would be ILLEGAL in PA.
Personally, I'd have passed on a sow with small cubs. To each his own though, as long as it's all legal.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

O yea guys by the way here is another twist to this story you guys can fight about. I heard that Cabelas offered the shooter $140,000 for his albino bear! Hmmmmm now what?? I guess it woulda really been smart to pass him up.
So I guess killing a rare animal is worth the price then?

livbucks the other guy didnt want to be in the picture.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tky1187

if he would have let him grow a year he might have gotten 250k instead of 140,000 ,

just because the superstore cabelas wants to buy it dont make it ethical to kill a sow and her 3 cubs,
could have sold the gulbladders on the black market for 45k each but still dont make it right

dr kill
Old 12-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Of course they bring bears in with the guts still in them..Were you born yesterday or just brain dead..LOL
Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course they bring bears in with the guts still in them..Were you born yesterday or just brain dead..LOL
What are you talking about? Why would you drag a bear through the woods with the guts still in? You want to drag 30% more weight? Do you want the guts to stay in there so the meat goes bad? Do you want to drop the guts on the butcher's or taxidermist's floor? Look in the mirror before statements like this. Why wouldn't field dressing the animal be the first thing you do after shooting it?

Quick Reply: PA Little Bear Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.