Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ rut

Old 11-25-2007, 07:24 AM

Default NJ rut

Has anybody seen any rutactivity anywher in NJ.Been out for a couple of days permitarcheryseen some does butvery quite.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NJ rut

went out saturday and scouted today.

alot of scrapes still being hit in zone 13.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NJ rut

Yea, lots of rut activity Hunted in Atlantic County this week bucks were chasing does and the bucks were pushing lesser bucks away and plenty of fresh scrapes My father saw the same in Monmouth County, I always find alot of rut activity from Thanksgiving thru shotgun week. I killed a big 9 and a big 10 during Shotgun season that both were chasing does. It seems to be espessaly true if early November was warm like it was this and the last couple years. When I was a kid it seemed you could put a tack on the calender when the first rut was going to peak the 2nd week of Nov. but the last 10 or more years it seems to be more spread out from 2nd week in Nov. to 2nd week of Dec. with some more in January not threeseperate periods just one long one with peeks and valleys. I know length of day is supposed to trigger it butI thinksomething to do with temperature also.