Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Pa Hunters Please Read >

Pa Hunters Please Read

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa Hunters Please Read

Old 11-24-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Pa Hunters Please Read

Hello everyone im new but i have a favor to ask. To those Pa hunters: could you please post stories and pics of your success or for those of u that did get luckypost if u atleat saw something. I only ask this favor because i cant join you fellas this year[&o] i am currently In the Marine Corps and am stationed in Okinawa for the next 2 years and im interest to hear what is out there or wht is not so i have an idea of wt im coming home too. I am especially interested in 5b or 2g area but anywhere in pa will do I wish you guys the best of luck im looking forward to hearing some stories so i can hunt vicariously throught yall thanks again
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pa Hunters Please Read

Ok brother will do.i'm in 5c section....Stay safe...Honkers
Old 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

hunting here in wmu2g,clinton/potter is challenge.
i dont hunt doe because i want to see us hunt in future.
i hunted archery for 4 weeks, i saw total of 1 buck, spike and very few doe.
this is worst year for deer hunting in wmu2g in my life.

some of bear hunters said they saw a nice buck but very few ,if any doe.

i only saw 3 grouse this year in wmu2g.
not many turkeys.
no rabbits.
lots of fox, coyotes, hawks,owls,bobcats,eagles.

i did see 4 bear but all were small 150 pds and under and most were shot.
some were 44 pds live weight,without 29 pds.
how hunters can shoot those little bears is beyond me.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:34 AM

i got a call from my grandfather and they say they saw 63 spotting in Tioga County there out there good luck hope the weather isnt what there calling for
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 AM

I deer hunt in 5D and 5C. I also turkey and bear hunt in 4D. The whole camp got there turkeys opening morning in less then 3 hours out. We took all but 2 of the birds out of this smaller flock that was trying to push our normal flock out of the area. For bear it was a bad year. It snowed Sat night and Sun before bear season then it got warm so there was fog everywhere. Most of the time we could only see 50 yards and the rest was less then that all the way down to 5 yards. Bear sesaon sucked this year. Deer opens today but its rainy so im not going out. I might go this evening. I knwo wehre the deer are and how to get them but we are saposed to go hunting in th Poconos this Sat for the day so i dont want to use my buck tag before that so i can go with everyone. Have fun over there and enjoy the Bananna show!

Dont be the one to eat the Bananna!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Saw and passed up on 2 4 points and a 6 pointand 8 does by 10am. Didn't see anything after 10am (WMU4D)
Old 11-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted until noon in 3C and saw 5 doe and zero buck.Only heard about 20 shots all morning.I was gonna sit all day but couldnt take the rain any longer.Back out tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Thanks again fellas for the update so far appreciate it keep me posted
Old 11-26-2007, 03:09 PM

Hunted 4C on the mountain top in the rain and fog. 50 yd visibility. Saw nothing. Left at noon.

Archery hunted the same area about 8 times during archery. 4 small shooter bucks and 1 big buck

Old 11-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Well wasnt planing on hunting today but my step-bro shot one and i went to help him with loading it and we saw a 7pt with a bad limp. I figured the deer had been hit by a car so i shot it to end its suffering. Its front left leg and shoulder was completely shatterd and the right front and left rear were alos pretty beat up. First day of deer season, Never put on camo, was in the woods for 5 mins and filled my tag. The only good meat on the deer was the right rear quarter and the right backstrap. The rest was very bruised so we got rid of it. Ohh well theres always next year.

Quick Reply: Pa Hunters Please Read

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.