Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WHAT A TOUGH ARCHERY SEASON. >

WHAT A TOUGH ARCHERY SEASON.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WHAT A TOUGH ARCHERY SEASON.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default WHAT A TOUGH ARCHERY SEASON.

i saw 7 doe and 2 buck.really i,did not get a buck in archery

thiswas hardest hunting i have seen from 1960s withbow.
i have not heard of many buck killed with bow locally here in WMU2G but most got a doe in the early muzzleloader season.
i dont kill doe anymore....

deer hunting for nice buck is long hours in woods, i scout from jan to archery and know area i hunt well and even with that info ,i still had a hard time SEEINGbuck.

anyhow, hope you all had fun time in archery this year, boy, its challenge, for sure..............
Old 11-10-2007, 06:26 PM

Default RE: WHAT A TOUGH ARCHERY SEASON.

I hear ya sproulman, for me its been the warm weather. Going to camp Tuesday to finish off archery season and start gun season on 11/17. Seen a few does (none within bow range) and one 4 pt buck within bow range, but waiting for the big one.

Took 4 bow shots at 4 different turkeys during my time in the woods, no connection though. Still cool though to see so many, the most I've seen in the past threes for the fall season.

Hoping forcooler weather this week for some deer movement!

Glad to hear you took a nice 8 pointer.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 11-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats guy. You deserved that.
Take pride in a well earned trophy. You hunted hard.

Talk about last minute though...my brother got to draw down on a wide seven point (18 inches) at sundown, that was chasing a doe and fending off a smaller 8 point. He had the buck behind his stand in some thick vines, at about 15 yards. Couldn't close the deal..no shot.
He was unscrewing his bow holder, getting ready to call it quits for the season when the woods erupted.
The doe ran all around him with the two bucks in tow until complete darkness. A hopeless situation at the final bell.
Maybe he will live for next year. Who knows?

Would be nice if you took a few pictures. We would like to see.
My Dad arrowed this one on Nov. 8.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

i asked for 1 of those cameras for christmas so i can start putting some pictures on here.
thats real nice buck your dad got.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:40 AM
Typical Buck

I like to say congratulation on the buck on the last day of bow season in PA.
I also will agree with you on the deer herds on stategamelands there almost gone;I took a huge 8 pointer about 5 years ago on stategamelands and from that time I yet to see a good shooter buck gross my path.
I passed on a few large does in M/L season (flintlock) but the deer are just not there.I hunt also the regular deer season with my flintlock and again a few does no bucks.I gave it a shot this year with the bow seen a few does just a tad to far from the stand or ground blind.I have to say after some 40 years plus in hunting and have taken some real nice deer on them last years the hunting may be coming to a end .I find the body just can't do it any longer sorry we have to grow old I still hunt but not like I use to just to kill some time.I seen myself a few years back starting to pass on does and a few small bucks must be telling something.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Typical Buck

ur telling me...very tough..but its not over yet
Old 11-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lonewolf5348

I like to say congratulation on the buck on the last day of bow season in PA.
I also will agree with you on the deer herds on stategamelands there almost gone;I took a huge 8 pointer about 5 years ago on stategamelands and from that time I yet to see a good shooter buck gross my path.
I passed on a few large does in M/L season (flintlock) but the deer are just not there.I hunt also the regular deer season with my flintlock and again a few does no bucks.I gave it a shot this year with the bow seen a few does just a tad to far from the stand or ground blind.I have to say after some 40 years plus in hunting and have taken some real nice deer on them last years the hunting may be coming to a end .I find the body just can't do it any longer sorry we have to grow old I still hunt but not like I use to just to kill some time.I seen myself a few years back starting to pass on does and a few small bucks must be telling something.
us older terds have it hard,ha.
my ritual now is i have to get up at 4;30 am.
eat and WAIT until i have to go or i will go just when i dont have to in woods.
then it just seems to take longer to get your stuff together and head to woods..

i built a deer cart out of old wheelchair and thats a big help on my buck.

i know what you mean, i croached down to use my 850 power camcorder on pipeline,i saw 3 doe and thought ole big buck would be near.
i was in that postion for 10 minutes as 1 doe spotted me, i think.
she never took her eyes off my location.
THEN guess what happened, i fell forward as my legs went to sleep, boy, i was numb.
at 20 years old i would crawl to that deer and grab her tail, ha, only kidding ...
soooooooooooooooooo, it takes longtime for us to get around and we are only in our 50s/60s,thats not old.

anyhow, thanks for passing on doe.
i am trying to get the PGC here in pa. to stop all DMAP TAGS and make doe hunting only for kid under 16.
also only 3 points to 1 side for ALL of us, kids and ole terds too.
just to much cheating going on now, it must stop or hunting will get lot worst.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your buck there Sproulman.

Lets see a pic!