Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY prime time rut? >

NY prime time rut?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY prime time rut?

Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY prime time rut?

Ive started seeing some bucks, following does, does anyone know exactly when the prime rut was last year in ny( or typicaly is) , and do you think it will probly be a little later due to the warm weather this year?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY prime time rut?

I suggest you contact your DEC regional office, and speak to a deer biologists for more detail on a date range in your area. I could tell you when I think it'll be in my woods, and someone else can for their woods. But neither could be correct for your area. In other words everyones woods can be different. I've also often read opinions on "The Rut" on this sight many times, and there seems to be some confusion of what exactly the true rut is. Either way now is the time to be in the woods, and spending as much time as you can. My area the bucks are moving pretty good, scraping heavy, and searching. The does have gone into hiding, and still with fawns, so that tells me its a few days to wk away yet where I hunt. But long as the bucks are moving its primetime in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

I was hunting in Madison County this past weekend. I was only able to hunt for a couple hours. I grunted on my buck roar 4 times and every single time a buck came in. I saw no chasing but I think they are getting fired up.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have hunted from central NY to down to the PA border in the last week and I have not seen much to say they are rutting yet. I have seen a serious lack of scrapes so far and just one spike trying to chase does. This front coming through now may help. Possible snow and tempeatures only set to top over 50 1 day out of the next 15 on the forcast.I would definetly be out in the woods as much as possible for the next 10 days! I am predicting right now that the shotgun opener is going to be very good this year with the bucks definetly rutting.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

who makes the buck roar??
Old 11-06-2007, 06:07 PM

primos makes the buck roar
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

whast the best way to use a grunt call I have yet to call a deer in on one
Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM

They are chasing, seek and BREEDING were I am. I saw a 140 class 8pt which I had at 25 yrdsand could not get a shot breed a doe 3 timesout in the middle of a alfalfa field Sunday evening. In between breeding he was chasing a small 1 1/2 yr6 point away from the doe.

I think that things will lock down in about a week meaning that multiple bucks will be bedded down with a hot doe. It may be different in other areas though. I hope this helps. Bottom line get out and stay in the woods during any phase of the rut. It is a magic time.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Spike

Been hunting in Albany county andSaugerties and things are starting to heat up as it cools down. It's go time.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:57 PM

i would say in about 1 week it would be prime time

Quick Reply: NY prime time rut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.