Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Steuben County NY buck down...Pics >

Steuben County NY buck down...Pics

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Steuben County NY buck down...Pics

Old 11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Steuben County NY buck down...Pics

Killed this guy saturday 11/3 morning at 10am...Won't score that great, but is a mature buck and I am happy with it. I just bought the property a few weeks ago and this is my first buck on it...

Magnus Stiniger Buzzcut does the trick....

Old 11-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Steuben County NY buck down...Pics

congrats! what a great deer
Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice looking buck. I used to hunt Steuben Cty and had lots of luck there.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, no offense, but I think you should get rid of the "won't score that great" mentality! That is a pretty darned good buck anywhere, and what it may or may not score shouldn't matter in the least. You young hunters are watching way too many TV hunting shows where the bucks antler scores are all they seem to be interested in. The hunting experience should be about more than just trophy deer and antler measurements in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Steve863...No offense taken...Not sure what you meant about "you young hunters", but when it comes to me shooting a buck i don't shoot it unless it is going to go on the wall...I have 4 mounted in the last 6 years bigger than this...and this one is going to get a European mount so I guess you could call it a 5th for the wall..I fill the freezer with a few does...Again no offense, but to me it is pointless to shoot a small buck and throw the rack in a box in the corner of the garage. I have 2 1/2 weeks off every year for bow season and believe me I enjoy every moment of it in the woods.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have obviously been doing very well with your hunting if you already have several bigger than that one. Not many can say the same in most other parts of NY state. For whatever it's worth you DO look to be on the young side in age from the photo. I will bet that I have at least 20 years on you. I pretty much hunt with gun only and hunt in an area where very few doe permits were issued(landowners and people with preference points only). I didn't draw a doe tag so any legal buck will be fair game to me. It's rack very well might be thrown in the corner of the garage or may even finds it's way into the trash. It matters little to me. The state issued me a buck tag for any deer over 3" of antlers and I am hoping to get to fill it since some meat in the pot is what I hunt for.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck this year Steve863. Everyone is out there for different reasons, and as long as we are all enjoying it that's what it is all about in the end!!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Great post there MJR10. You may look young but you are mature in your thinking.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

yeah..nice deer...cut the guy a break..he wasnt being negative..he just
made a statement about the deer scoring low.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. Wherabouts in Steuben do you hunt?

I've been having my best year ever in terms of deer sightings (WMU 8P). Unfortunately, I just can't get a nice buck to step outwith in range of the bowtech. I've been seeing alot of little guys cruising the woods in the past week...they all got a free pass and I managed to take a nice fat eatingdoe the other morning. Hopefully, its just a matter of time before one of those big ole Steuben County bruisers finds himself looking down a carbon express shaft. If not, I still got a couple of doe tags in my pocket.

PS...lets see some pics. of some of your other bucks....

Quick Reply: Steuben County NY buck down...Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.