Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ny handgun question >

Ny handgun question

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ny handgun question

Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ny handgun question

Is it legal for someone that has a conceal/carry permit to have a hangun afield during bow season? If not, Is it legal to have your sidearm on you during turkey season in NY? Just curious.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ny handgun question

The way I understand the law. NO!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

I do not know about NY, but here in MA it is illegal to carry while hunting.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM

NY =illegal while bowhunting.

Another oddball note, during the late muzzle/bow season a person hunting with a bow can not be accompanied by a person hunting with a muzzleloader or vice versa in any way, even dragging the deer.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: salty444

Is it legal for someone that has a conceal/carry permit to have a hangun afield during bow season? If not, Is it legal to have your sidearm on you during turkey season in NY? Just curious.
here in pa.yes its legal to carry a pistol if you have LTC..
i know that does not help you..
personelly, i am against it because it will just be another way for slobs to get deer in archery..
Old 10-06-2007, 01:08 AM

It's your right.. Don't ask just do it I say.. I actually did before they even past the law here in Pa. The thing though, You have to have confidence that your constitutional rights are correct. For if you question them,You are afraid of them.. You have to be as strong as the constitution to live by it.. The weak will allways loose... The ammendments are only for the brave I do have to say.. If you bow down to someone who says they have authority over them.. You lose your rights then.. Don't ever bow down and allways be strong for your freedoms are protected only if you protect them... Some might disagree but they are the weak who are afraid of freedom...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

David you make a good point however here in new york state you will get arrested if found with a firearm while bowhunting the reasong albeit stupid is simple they can say that you shot the deer with the pistol and put a archery tag on it
Old 10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

No and No.

When hunting think if the animal you are after can be taken with a handgun. If no like a turkey,duck,phesant,grouse or deer durring a muzzle loader or bow season then you can't have a pistol with you.

When I checked into it I was told that it didn't matter if the pistol was your primary weapong or secondary. Think about this. Your squirrel hunting with a shotgun. You see a turkey which is open season now and shoot it. You get stopped and they see a pistol on your side. You can still recieve a ticket even though you didn't use it.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnl

David you make a good point however here in new york state you will get arrested if found with a firearm while bowhunting the reasong albeit stupid is simple they can say that you shot the deer with the pistol and put a archery tag on it
Plus you may loose your pistol permit. Here in NY we have to have a permit just to own or even hold one in the store.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:04 PM

Like I said.. Only the brave can live by the constitution without fear to defend it.. No jury will convict you for your 2nd to protect yourself no matter what..It is the law.. Can anyone show me where a citizen carried a hand gun while hunting along with a bow or other weapon ever been convicted by a jury??
You show me an article and I will show you a bench full of anti americans who did the convition.. You will not be found guilty. Like I said, Only the brave can live by the constitution to fight for their freedoms...

Quick Reply: Ny handgun question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.