Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Opener

Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM

Default RE: PA Opener

My brothers roommate killed This 12 point in the middle of theafternoonnear Lewistown, PA on the first day.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM

nice buck man!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:42 PM

No offical score on thedeer yet. But friends and family hasit scored around the 170 range
Old 10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Wish i could be that lucky!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: crazedbowhunter

Wish i could be that lucky!
not much luck on buck like that..
usually its privateland..
luck is hunting on stateforestland when you have all kinds of hunters chasing 1 buck from this area to that..

now, thats lucky..
thats real nice buck, congrats..........
Old 10-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly what is so wrong with hunting private land Sproul? Seems similar to the pervasive mindset that thinks there is some guilt in being American. Accept the blessings of your gift and enjoy it to the max. You only go around one time. Take what you can get, I say.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Exactly what is so wrong with hunting private land Sproul? Seems similar to the pervasive mindset that thinks there is some guilt in being American. Accept the blessings of your gift and enjoy it to the max. You only go around one time. Take what you can get, I say.

times 2, I hunt on private land, but just never have wrapped my hands and a mainframe 12 like that. I have wrapped my hands around many other bucks from spikes to twelves, just nothing as big as that.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

i was only commenting on what was said about BEING LUCKY..
i was using 2 examples, my privateland where it is not too LUCKY if i want to get a nice buck..
LUCKY hunting is on stateforestland where itis very difficult to hunt archery with people in woods,big game/small game and lack of 12 point bucks....

that was my only comment, heck, he may have got that 12 point on SFL and not privateland but odds are it was privateland and not very lucky.....

i have friend that just e-mailed me with a 12 point he got first day in hazelton ,pa. area..

he had 4 that were 2 were 8s,1 was 10. 1 was 12..
he lets deer get old on hisland,the 12 point was 5 years old..
now he has 3 more to groom for next year,he is not lucky.for sure..he is predictable...

again,that was a very nice buck,for sure....
Old 10-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only hunted Sat evening but had 5 doe and a real small spike walk 10 yrds behind me. It was neat, but I was after a shooter buck. It's too far back to shoot a doe anyway.This heat has to go!!!!!![:'(][:'(]
Old 10-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

I only hunted Sat evening but had 5 doe and a real small spike walk 10 yrds behind me. It was neat, but I was after a shooter buck. It's too far back to shoot a doe anyway.This heat has to go!!!!!![:'(][:'(]
good to hear that you are hunting a buck, very good..

yes, heat is awful..
i also saw 2 doe and 3 point sat evening..all walked 15 yds in front of me..
i had 250 pd bear walk by me also,i coyote out of range and trying to kill young fawn deer barking.1 raccoon, 1 possum,2 fox,2 hawks, 12 turkeys,1 rabbit, 6 grouse..

man, what a zoo that was..

Quick Reply: PA Opener

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.