Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How many Long island Ny Hunters here? >

How many Long island Ny Hunters here?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many Long island Ny Hunters here?

Old 09-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default How many Long island Ny Hunters here?

How many?I posted a thread asking to se LI buck pics and only saw one. Anybody else here hunt Long island?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How many Long island Ny Hunters here?

i used to live and hunt shelter island, and east hampton,got some of my biggest racks there, and the hunting was great, i moved upstate full time about 4 years ago, things on shelter island and the island just got allittle too crowded. i had some of my best hunts on the island and miss the days when there was alot of open land to hunt, now its all mcmansions. i still now of some guys that are doing real good down there though...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

cool you have any pics of the bucks you took over there?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ima fairly new bow hunter, going on my second year of LI hunting
Old 09-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

i do but they are mostly on prints, i got to get them on my PC and i will put them on. took an 11 piont, 10, several 8s, numerous 6s. missed a chance at a huge 14 twice, i watched this deer for 10 mins once and couldnt get a shot on him, my pulse was around 300 BPM.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

I would love to see them. Please if you can put them on disk. I have people telling me that Long Island deer are small and there antlers rarely top six or eight points. I want to prove them wrong.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Queens but never had the desire to hunt anywhere on Long Island. Don't know how easy it would be to find some private land to hunt, because I know the public spots are pretty limited. I know there are plenty of deer out on Long Island, but to me it seems like a totally unnatural environment for them living in such a built up area. I know they can grow nice racks, since there is barely any gun hunting, but I rather hunt smaller ones in a more serene setting like you can find upstate.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

I can understand how you would think it seems very hectic and unnatural but when you get out to Eastern Long Island and you enter the woods it is just as serene as upstate.

I hunt a piece of public land that is about 400 acres and when you are out there it easy to forget that you are 20 minutes from a huge shopping center.

I love it.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think these LI deer are just as hard if not harder to hunt than an upstate deer, the public land deer are really aware of what people look like, and know to run.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 AM

Thinking of trying it this year at the Rocky Point State land, heard it might be tough to get some good spots.

Quick Reply: How many Long island Ny Hunters here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.