Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cmere deer

Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cmere deer

Anybody ever try this stuff. i beleive it is illegal in NY where i hunt but i see it on Hank parker 3d and they act like it is magical. Can anybody confirm?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cmere deer

I have not tried it but I have tried deercain, mineral blocks, liquids and it all amounted to a waste of money. But what the heck, I pour out an 80lb bag of corn on a well used deer trail and the stuff sprouts before they even dream about eating it. Now they have that Acorn sumpin and I think all it is is ground up nuts. Boy oh Boy we buy alot of useless crap...

Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I'm woth you planter. I've tried it all to, including peanut butter and vanilla. Dp your homework, set up, go to the woods, no scents, sit still and they will come!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

I'm woth you planter. I've tried it all to, including peanut butter and vanilla. Dp your homework, set up, go to the woods, no scents, sit still and they will come!
EXACTLY! Work hard for deer and you will reap the rewards! And yes it is illegal!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nybowhunter

Not trying to stir anything up but i though it was illegal to use any type of food attractants in NY. I heard this years ago and was wondering if that has changed. Is vanilla and peanut butter more of a scent versus a food.
i would definitely be interested in trying it out.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Long Islander...Like we said...don't bother with that stuff. IMO you will spook more deer than you will draw with that stuff. I don't know if they are illegal, Ithink peanut butter would be. I tried it years ago when I was young and I listened to somebody I thought knew about hunting. It's not worth the hassle and the deer gods will know!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah i think your right. Stick to the basics and put the hours in right?

Thanks so much
Old 09-13-2007, 04:35 PM

yea honestly if you are going to use some sort of bait, scentor whatever, i would jus stick with good ol corn or apples.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:56 AM

yea they do act like its the best stuff out there id like to try it
Old 09-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

imo its no better than a 50 lb bag of corn for 8 bucks.

Quick Reply: Cmere deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.