Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Help for a NEW NH Hunter >

Help for a NEW NH Hunter

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Help for a NEW NH Hunter

Old 09-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help for a NEW NH Hunter

OK you guys, I need a little help understanding the laws to hunt New Hampshire. I'm attending college at UNH (originally from Erie, PA) and I'm looking into hunting this state, but the laws are a little confusing. Sorry if these questions seem a little easy or dumb, but I can't find the answers for them on http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunting/hunting.htm. Ok, here they go.

1. How do the licenses work? Do you buy a regular (gun) lic. first, then add archery and muzzleloader stamps on, or can you buy either a regular or archery lic and each comes with its own tag(s)?

2. What kind of deer tags do you get for the lic. (or each lic. depending on what the answer to #1 is)?

3. What are the hunter orange requirements for each season?

4. Is baiting allowed for deer?

Last one for now:
5. I understand each deer you kill must be taken to a place to be checked-in, anything special I need to do before that (ie, call? leave reproductive organs attached?)

Thanks you guys, I know some of these are easy.....can't wait to get into the NH woods!

Steven

Old 09-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help for a NEW NH Hunter

I hope this helps you out http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/index.htm
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the help shump, but thats the site I've been looking at already and I still can't seem to find the answers.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:34 PM

you can buy just an archery license, I believe it cost non res. 75.00.It comes with one tag good for buck or doe.At the time you purchase your license your offered a buck tag for archery if you want one you have to buy it then.Also if you hunt in zone m they have anterless tag you can buy and their good for any weapon that you have a license for,but they only have 5000 of these tags.hunter orange is not required in NH.Baiting is allowed on private land with land owners permission.Checking in a deer has to be done within 24 hours you have to have your license with you some places may charge you a dollar for paper work,But you don't need to save anything from the gut pile.Hope this helps. Where are you going to school I could give you some areas to look at to hunt just let me know
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BOB 22, I thought thats the way it was, but I just couldn't seem to find solid sentences on the site that made me completely positive.

I'm going to school at the University of New Hampshire which is in Durham, NH. I believe that is area L. If you have any ideas of places I could check out..that would be great.

Thanks for you help!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 PM

PA Bow good luck this year with the hunt and school at UNH (University of No Hardware)