HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Massachusetts Bow Hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/203261-massachusetts-bow-hunters.html)

TributeHunter 09-27-2007 04:23 PM

RE: Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

I am also from western ma and have been hunting CT for the last couple weeks. i thought i had some really nice state land all scouted out, lots of trail camera pics from a spot under an apple tree. and then i stayed out completely for the last week before the opener on saturday 9/15. just to come to my stand opening mourning to not find my trail camera where i left it and then i hunted that stand all day sat,mon,and tues and seen one deer 50 yds in brush, when i was seeing 7 different deer every mourning on the cam for weeks before that. tough luck i guess.

Horizontal Hunter 09-27-2007 07:53 PM

Tribute,

It has been slow for me as well. I hunted opening and one other evening. Just to darn hot to hunt. I will be back at it tomorrow when it cools down. Good luck. Hopefully your trail cam was not stolen. There seems to be a lot of that going around these days.

HH

Planter 10-02-2007 08:18 PM

I still can't believe the rest of the world is hunting and I'm just scratching myself waiting.Two more weeks of waiting is gonna kill me. Using the time to hang a couple of Loggy Bayou cheap seats. Boy I wish they still made them. $39.00 so it never mattered if I left them out year round or if someone pinched one.
PS.. Extra doe tags on line 10/9 @ 12:01 AM
I should have hunted CT... I even had a few little parcels I could have hunted.

RustyD02359 10-03-2007 09:37 AM

On occasion, just too busy these days

Western MA Hunter 10-03-2007 11:33 AM

I haven't hunted CT yet this year...
My buddies are doing well.
Between the 2 of them, 3 bucks (5 & 2 8 points... one beauty).. and 2 does.. plus 2 wounded (both 6 points).1 wound was a shoulder shot... the other I do not know the details of.
I hope to get out next week w/ them!

Planter 10-06-2007 06:22 AM

Feeling really good about some of my stands. Found a shed off a 12pt yesturday at one of my later season spots and found a BIG 8 pt shed at anothera couple a weeks ago. Both were chewed up a bit but these deer had the nerve to shed them within shooting range of my trees. Silly deer although I did not see either of those bucks last year.
As a side note, both those sheds were found in areas (small) that I can smell bacon cooking and hear the school bus picking up kids a few 100 yards away. Big deer do like those little chunks of woods.
Clock is ticking guys..see yuh in the woods.

knapp47 10-10-2007 11:48 PM

Just catching up with this thread, Zone 11 should be great this yr. Found a couple of new stands near mine, but no one touched my set up so thats a relief. Are you guys hunting any where near Danielson, CT? Friend of mine lives out there and offered to show me around, I just havn't had time to take him up on the offer. Pheasants on Sat and Deer on Mon, here we go.

Ken Catch 10-12-2007 12:15 PM

I'm looking good for next week I'm holding 2 doe tags for 14 as well as my 2 antlered.

I'm going F@$%ing Crazy sitting in my office counting down unable to focus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!
Fever Spreading! Must Hunt Soon!!!!!!

knapp47 10-13-2007 09:58 AM

Missed a pheasant and a woodcockfirst thing this morning ----- now thats out of my system so its time to stare at the wall until Monday morning.