HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Massachusetts Bow Hunters? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/203261-massachusetts-bow-hunters.html)

partsjay 08-21-2007 06:40 AM

Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

Just wondering how many of us there are on this site? Won't be long till' the Opener!

big ten 08-21-2007 02:25 PM

RE: Massachusetts Bow Hunters?

i can't wait for the opener wish it was today. stands and blinds all set, got the first three days off. then i have the last week in october off and the first week in november. i hunt zone 6 in belchertown.

partsjay 08-21-2007 03:08 PM

I hear ya there big ten.....have been hunting the same area for a couple years so, I know it fairly well...I will be going in again soon for a quick peek before the Opener, but I already know where I'll be.....I hunt Zone 11 Plymouth County....looking forward to this year...I have the 1st 2 days off and another couple the last week of October....

Keep in touch, good to talk to some other Mass. Bow guys!

Horizontal Hunter 08-21-2007 03:24 PM

Same here as well I hunt zones 7 and 8 for the most part. I also started hunting Connectict last year as their season opens on September 15th so at least I don't have to wait to much longer to hunt some deer. I also try to get out during bear season. It helps me with all of the waiting for deer season.

HH

jf5 08-21-2007 03:29 PM

Best of luck guys. I'll be looking for pics and bidding my time until Shotgun season.

Mike Hill 08-22-2007 10:09 AM

I am also a zone 11 hunter. I have been shooting and puting uo stands now this week. I still have a bunch of stands to go. I am looking forward to the season I am hoping for a banner year. I am hunting a bunch of new places this year I sure hope they pan out.

partsjay 08-23-2007 06:20 AM

Best of Luck to you guys....keep me posted as to how you do....still looking for my 1st with a bow....hoping this is the year.

DROCK 08-23-2007 07:55 AM

Good Luck Fellas, I will be hunting Zone 8 & 9 this year. I still have a few stands to place before the season.

Planter 08-23-2007 02:37 PM

Gonna beat Z11 up real bad this year. Have a Z3 doe permit on the way and will get a Z11 or two when they go on line. Loads of places all ready to go which I won't see again until the wind is right.
I'm gonna go out monday. Figure to get a jump on the season...
Make sure you send your five bucks in if you drew a doe permit. Not that I would shoot a doe, but they are nice to have. Well, I guess i'm gonna pop the first doe I see and then work on antlers. Bridgewater,Halifax,Norwell, Scituate,Pembroke,Hanson,Marshfield are all looking pretty good and I hope to hit East mountain and Beartown areas if time permits. Like those woods, but we have more deer here in the burbs if you can find a place to hunt. I do think the Western part of the state is picking up due to a lack of hunters. Some really big deer there.. See yuh in the woods and if you see anyone in my stand ask them nicely to leave. "Without" the stand!

Western MA Hunter 08-24-2007 11:33 AM

I can't wait.. Got 4 stands set. Lots of sign..
I'll be hunting zones 1 - 3. Had one stand stolen the other day... Ba@#$ds!