Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 West Virginia Bowhunters >

West Virginia Bowhunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

West Virginia Bowhunters

Old 07-22-2007, 08:23 PM

Default RE: West Virginia Bowhunters

Thanks Guy's, I am very appreciative, and cant wait to get the season started but that dosn't happen till Oct. 14...
Old 07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

thats just around the corner fowlbuck! keep me posted on how you're doing with scouting and hunting when it comes around
pm me or whatever

good luck
Old 07-24-2007, 09:15 PM

ill be hunting the nicholas county area.... on our 125 acre farm and behind my inlaws where i have an active clover food plot and my cam has taken pics of a couple 10 points so far this year
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Do yall know much about Wyoming County West Viriginia? Around the Mullens area...? I hunted it last year and fell in love with WV. Bow hunting only county, and rough country....just wondered what the locals thought of the area. Also, speaking of public land there are a few WMAs that allow gun hunting on some of the neighboring counties...If yalls WMA's are anything like Florida they get crowded quick to say the least. Any input on public land WMA is the Southern portion of the state?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

everything_was_taken, i live in Mercer County which is just south of Wyoming Co. You can't beat our four bow only counties for big bucks. Thats where most of the trophies come from in our state. I'm a lot more familiar with the public hunting land in Boone and Putnam Co.s which aren't too far from Wyoming, and big bucks there too. If you got any questions feel free to pm me, i'll try to help you out as best as i can
Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: everything was taken

Do yall know much about Wyoming County West Viriginia? Around the Mullens area...? I hunted it last year and fell in love with WV.
..glad you like our state...but if you loved Southern WV, wait til you see the Potomac Highlands!!!!
no comparison,beauty-wise !!! ..and, no I don't live there,just near it.

...enjoy your hunt!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 AM

I will be hunting in Fayette County during the upcoming archery season on our 8,000 acre lease. Already have the stands in place along with the game cameras. Got a lot of deer coming into the area and a couple nice looking bucks. Hope to see maybe some bigger bucks than what we have been getting in the camera. Only time will tell though.

Put a new site on my bow and a new rest. Been doing some practicing and need to do some more especially with the new site.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Spike

Have any of you guys hunted in the Elkins,WV areas the last couple of years??? I have not been over there in 8-10 years. Is it true the deer population has been coming down in that area?? Is it true there are alot more coyotes around?? Thank you for your replys...
Old 08-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PAhunter100

Have any of you guys hunted in the Elkins,WV areas the last couple of years??? I have not been over there in 8-10 years. Is it true the deer population has been coming down in that area?? Is it true there are alot more coyotes around?? Thank you for your replys...
Randolph Co has had a decrease in deer..can't speak about the yotes... growth in that area with Corridor H hasn't helped either....hearing troubles with gypsy moth again in the entire Potomac Highlands... could be bad news for lotsa trees....so THAT won't help the herd either...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

We had gypsy moths bad about four years ago, but not so right now. It was so bad then, you could hear the sh|t hitting your truck when you were stopped on a dirt road with trees on each side. In the middle of summer, it was like November in terms of low leaf cover due to gypsy moths eating off the leaves. There is some kind of blight that hits them hard sometimes after rain, and most diedbefore eating nearly everything.

Quick Reply: West Virginia Bowhunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.