Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members >

Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members

Old 07-07-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members

Just checking to see if there are any members from or from around Jefferson County West Virginia. Looking to meet up with some members and also do a little hunting or scouting...
Old 07-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members

there are a couple of us around here. I live in Falling waters but usually hunt in Jefferson County.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

not from there but i do live in wv, mason co..but now live in huntington wv.. still hunt in mason co. near the putnam co. line.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 AM

Parkersburg (Wood County) here. I dont hunt much in WV, I live on the WV/Ohio border and do most of my deer hunting in Ohio where the Big Bucks are...
Old 07-09-2007, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im not sure which county but Smithville/Harrisville area E of Parkersburg , my buddies just got home from a 4th weekend of ATV riding say they saw at least 150 deer from Wed to Sat nite. Almost hit one on I 70 im Md at 11 am coming home yesterday... Sounds like it is going to be fun this fall....
Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Berkeley Co. born and raised...50 years.... lots have changed
.....i remember when Jefferson Co had no turkeys at all !!
but they've ALWAYS had huge bucks and great smallmouth fishing !!!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Lived there until last September (58yrs). The county is a mess now with all the building, poor roads and overcrowded schools. You can still take deer, turkeys and the fishing for smallmouths is great. I now live in Wardensville, WV. and don't miss Jefferson at all. I do have a house there for sale that is near public hunting and fishing.

Jim
Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 PM

hillbilly would you happen to be hunting private or public land in Jefferson Co. I put an ad in the Journal last year and ran it for 1 month and did not even get one call, and I was looking for anything from 2 acre woods to a farmette and was willing to pay top dollar. Looks like I will not be getting any land to hunt this year either so I guess I will be hunting public ground again....If you do hunt public let me know and maybe we can get together sometime....
Old 07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 22 series

not from there but i do live in wv, mason co..but now live in huntington wv.. still hunt in mason co. near the putnam co. line.

Hi 22,
Live in Huntington also. Do a little hunting in Mason also. Cabell has gone lottery for doe
Old 07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FowlBuck

hillbilly would you happen to be hunting private or public land in Jefferson Co. I put an ad in the Journal last year and ran it for 1 month and did not even get one call, and I was looking for anything from 2 acre woods to a farmette and was willing to pay top dollar. Looks like I will not be getting any land to hunt this year either so I guess I will be hunting public ground again....If you do hunt public let me know and maybe we can get together sometime....
you really didn't expect to get a call on that ad, did you ? with all the growth, land is @ a premium..even the farmers that are left have drawn tighter reigns on who comes and goes on their property. I was born here, and have lost 95% of my hunting ground to development...but I WON'T pay to hunt in my own home...I'll quit 1st.

Quick Reply: Any Jefferson County, WEST VIRGINIA members

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.