Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Expands restriction on lawsuits? >

PA Expands restriction on lawsuits?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Expands restriction on lawsuits?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 PM

Default PA Expands restriction on lawsuits?

I heard on WHYY public radio this morning that PA expanded the limitation to sue landowners if the hunting accidentoccur on your land. This was in response to the lady who got shot in the head from someone over a half mile away. I was just pulling into work and didnt get all the details. Anyone here in the know??
Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 AM

Default RE: PA Expands restriction on lawsuits?

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?Q=171986&A=11
Old 07-06-2007, 09:13 AM

Default RE: PA Expands restriction on lawsuits?

With Gov. Rendell's signature, new language has been added to the law to provide additional liability protections for landowners who welcome hunters onto their properties."

But does this apply to land owners who post their land and only lets a selected few on it? Or does this say that the land owner have to open his land for all hunters to be protected under this law? I don't think this bill will deter people from posting their land and letting certain individuals hunt on it.Nor do I think this bill will open more private owned properties up. I think this was just to cover thePGC a$$ if someone on SGL shoot someone off that property. Just my opinion though. If the PGC looses money in a lawsuit so does the governor...