Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Connecticut Bowhunters; Did you know? >

Connecticut Bowhunters; Did you know?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Connecticut Bowhunters; Did you know?

Old 12-18-2002, 12:44 PM
nub

Default Connecticut Bowhunters; Did you know?

Happened by this;

CT Bow season extended to January 31st
On Dec. 17th, the CT legislature approved a DEP regulations package that included an extention to the existing archery season. The new archery season runs from Sep. 15th, to January 31st.
Bowhunters wishing to hunt in January will be able to do so with the following restrictions:

Zones 11 and 12 only
2003 archery tags required (available in late December)
Private land only
All bowhunters will receive six tags. Four tags will be available for use during the entire season (including January) and two additional "January only" tags (which consist of an antlerless tag, and an "either sex" tag) will also be included. Antlerless replacement tags will be available for the January bowhunting season as well.

The Connecticut, Department of Environmental Protection, along with the United Bowhunters of Connecticut was responsible for providing this additional bowhunting opportunity.

Old 12-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Connecticut Bowhunters; Did you know?

hey nub where is zone 11 and 12 i am new to ct my parents just got 23 acres in colchester lookin to hunt there this coming year and need some insight on how to get my tags for 2003 and if you know how is the huntin in colchester?????