Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE >

Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE

Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE

Heres a photo
Lazarus said his buck, which had 16 scoreable points and an outside spread of 261/2 inches, had become legendary in his family. His 27-year-old son, Calvin, hunting in a treestand about 100 yards away, had found shed antlers that indicated the buck sported a 12-point rack in 2004 and a 14-point rack in 2005. Based on his examination of the buck's jaws and rotted teeth, Lazarus estimated the age of the deer at 61/2 years.

Our PA Big Buck Display will again be a great highlight of the show. We will have a few repeats of some of the local monsters, but we have already had several new monster bucks offered for display. Anyone with a PA monster buck is welcome to contact us about displaying there local monster, preferably 130BC+.

Lehigh Valley Hunting and Fishing Extravaganza is coming along really great. We are getting help from a lot of really super people. Our web site is being updated at this time, www.lvhfe.com if you haven’t checked it out yet, please take a few minutes to do so.

I WILL TRY TO POST PHOTO SOON
BOWSTRINGPA

Old 04-05-2007, 07:03 PM

Default RE: Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE

THERES YOUR PHOTOES BOYS
Old 04-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Wow. Looks like a mule deer.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is there a green score on that buck. His bases are huge!
Old 04-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Later, Lazarus took the buck's hide and rack to his friend Bob Danenhower, owner of Bob's Wildlife Taxidermy in Orefield. Danenhower had provided the doe urine Lazarus used during his hunt and was thrilled to see the buck it had lured within shooting range.
Danenhower said Lazarus' deer was the largest Pennsylvania buck brought into his shop last year. It received a Buckmasters composite score (which is comparable to Boone and Crockett) of 187 1/8. Of the thousands of bucks he has processed at his shop, Lazarus said only two others ever sported racks in excess of 180 inches.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

See what happens when you let 'em grow?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 AM

LOTS MORE BIG BUCKS COMMING

Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Host of Hosts

Nice and good luck with the show
Old 04-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Are you going to have that big buck that was shot down in Emmaus/Macungie two seasons ago? I seem to remember Bob's being mentioned as doing the taxidermy work for that one as well. I do remember seeing quite a few big bucks posted in the Morning Call's big buck contest this past winter. The nutrition and genetic potential is definitely there in the Lehigh Valley. Age was always the biggest hinderance. With nice sized private land holdings like Lazarus, Jaindl's and Trojan Powder I would not doubt that more big bucks will continue to be taken.

I appreciate the fact that you are looking for more big bucks for the display. A friend of mine had his 11 pointer mounted at Bob's this past season. Hopefully it will be finished and he will offer it up for the display.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 PM

Yes this other huge L.V Buck will be on display at show aswell!!!

Quick Reply: Huge PA Buck Comming to LVHFE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.