Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Released black tails? >

Released black tails?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Released black tails?

Old 04-01-2007, 11:48 PM

Default Released black tails?

What is the the law about shooting black tails, Thats been cut loose? Released from a pet zoo? Why did not the PGC not get involved to much with this? 400$ for each one to be captured with a dart gun? Can I sh\hot everyone I want? Can I shot these Sika deer? You know the ones with the horns that look like the devil horns pastry? Just curious abot these deers being released and nothing being done about it? These deer went and live on SGL.

You all wat to see this? Come to the new holiday inn in Du Bois Pa. SGL 77
Just walk up behind that new holiday inn and you will find your exoctics. 50 plus black tails and cross breeds of other deer.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:53 PM

Default RE: Released black tails?

Holiday EXPRESS. Them deer are there and been released. Any comment from any PGC on here? Snow Ballit's called. Come here and you will be seeing ? I have no Idea and you will see the express calming people down. BIG SMILE NOW< BIG SMILE.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 AM

They are fair game. 2 sika deer were just put down that escaped real close to PGC headquarters. Exotics are not protected by game law and are a threat to the native, wild populations. Treat them like wild hogs and take them out.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I type this,I'm less than 1 mile from that Holiday inn and I've heard nothing about themgetting lose.I'll check on it a little later whenI have the time.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:36 PM

Dan15801,
Who told you that or did you see these Black Tail deer?
Don't you think it would have made the news on channel 6 or
something?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Fairman's farm yesterday getting hay.They didn't know anything about any escapees and their property runs almost right to the area where those animals are fenced in.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Even if they do get out they are still someone’s property. So, even though shooting them wouldn’t be a violation of the game law it would still be punishable under the crimes code.

That doesn’t mean there is no punishment for releasing them, allowing them to escape or allowing them to roam free though. It is unlawful to allow them to be free so if exotics do get free we generally allow them a short period of time to capture them. If they fail to capture them then we have the responsibility of protecting the wildlife from the threat of any potential disease or harm from domesticated exotic wildlife. When the situation is warranted authorized Officers will remove the threat by either lethal or non-lethal means.

The public is not authorized to use lethal means unless otherwise directed by either Legislative or Commission regulatory action.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 04-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

Even if they do get out they are still someone’s property. So, even though shooting them wouldn’t be a violation of the game law it would still be punishable under the crimes code.

That doesn’t mean there is no punishment for releasing them, allowing them to escape or allowing them to roam free though. It is unlawful to allow them to be free so if exotics do get free we generally allow them a short period of time to capture them. If they fail to capture them then we have the responsibility of protecting the wildlife from the threat of any potential disease or harm from domesticated exotic wildlife. When the situation is warranted authorized Officers will remove the threat by either lethal or non-lethal means.

The public is not authorized to use lethal means unless otherwise directed by either Legislative or Commission regulatory action.

R.S. Bodenhorn
How does this square with all recent press regarding thePGCposition concerning the unlimited killing of hogs? If I recall correctly, the perception exists that any "wild" hog is fair and legal game. How would it be handled if the hogs just escaped from a preserve and the hunter didn't know ? I also can remember a few years back, an article stating that some escaped rams were legal game. Is the law different for different escaped exotics?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:30 AM

wouldn't there be a concern of cross breeding if this is true?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: R.S.B.

R.S. Bodenhorn
How does this square with all recent press regarding thePGCposition concerning the unlimited killing of hogs? If I recall correctly, the perception exists that any "wild" hog is fair and legal game. How would it be handled if the hogs just escaped from a preserve and the hunter didn't know ? I also can remember a few years back, an article stating that some escaped rams were legal game. Is the law different for different escaped exotics?
In the cases you are talking about no one is claiming ownership or trying to recover their property. In those cases when it is deemed in the best interest of the native wildlife either the agency will remove the offending exotic or announce that hunters my kill them as opportunity presents.

The point I am attempting to make is that a person can find them selves in a lot of trouble and paying a high cost if they just take it upon themselves to kill an exotic animal when they see one in the wild. The best policy is to report it to the authorities and then be guided by their advice.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Quick Reply: Released black tails?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.