Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS >

FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Old 03-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

I thought you said 2G was overloaded with coyotes.What do they eat in the winter that mountain lions couldn't kill?Do the coyotes also leave 2G in the winter?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

I thought you said 2G was overloaded with coyotes.What do they eat in the winter that mountain lions couldn't kill?Do the coyotes also leave 2G in the winter?
dont know if they leave,i did not see as many this year ,as last..
friend sent me picture of 29 coyotes they got this year in a couple of days..he is in farm areas..he said coyotes are worst this year than ever..

i am hearing oposite here in wmu2g from trappers, they say less this year..

it may be do to OVERHARVEST OF DOE..coyotes, i think will go where deer are,thats not in wmu2g..
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not long ago you were complaining about seeing coyote tracks all over the place.They must be eating something.Why do they leave tracks and mountain lions don't?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 PM

Old 03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Why do they leave tracks and mountain lions don't?

I may have figured it out: We don't have mountain lions...we have Griffins!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not long ago you were complaining about seeing coyote tracks all over the place.They must be eating something.Why do they leave tracks and mountain lions don't?
maybe they do leave tracks
maybe they move out of the rugged areas in winter if food is better elsewhere
maybe do to weather, people are not in woods or on roads as much as in june/dec

again, i dont know but if there are only a FEW cougars here and they move around a lot,sighting could be seen here, cougar moves then seen somewhere else

i dont know but i know you will certainly have answer,NO COUGARS EXIST.

that douge, is where you are WRONG.sad you never saw COUGAR ,most i know that are hunters, have seen one..
Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You honestly believe that most hunters have seen a cougar?That's just plain funny.Let me get this strait,hunters say there's no deer in a WMU where thousands are proved to be killed every year.Yet,most see an animal that doesn't leave any sign what so ever.

It is sad that I've never seen an animal in which no credible evidence has ever been provided to prove it's existence.That really bums me out.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:46 PM

Yes, the illogical thinking is indeed sad.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well then screw that.I'm not hunting where there's griffens.Aint never seen one of those critters but then I don't want to either.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

You honestly believe that most hunters have seen a cougar?That's just plain funny.Let me get this strait,hunters say there's no deer in a WMU where thousands are proved to be killed every year.Yet,most see an animal that doesn't leave any sign what so ever.

It is sad that I've never seen an animal in which no credible evidence has ever been provided to prove it's existence.That really bums me out.
hunters i know have seen a cougar ,douge..many ,many of them..i belong to 6 sportsman clubs and MANY have seen acougar..some saw cougar 3 times on the beech creek rd in clinton/centre countygoing to work..

Quick Reply: FEDS PLAN STUDY OF COUGARS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.