Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Property owners and PGC laws collide >

Property owners and PGC laws collide

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Property owners and PGC laws collide

Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Property owners and PGC laws collide

We own 164 acres. How do PGC laws apply to land owners? I have heard people say it was illegal to hunt animals on their property unless they follow the laws to a T. Others said the property owners rights over rides most of the laws placed by the PGC. For instance. If someone wants to hunt animals with a semi auto rifle it is the land owners choice on his property to do so. The same is with camoflage clothing. it is the land owners choice. Just wanted some input on this to see how others feel about land owners rights and some of the PGC laws. Just thought I would stir the pot up some. This is a debate over what is the law of the land.(no illegal deer being shot or untagged persons please on this debate) Just genral laws on firearms, clothing , fences, baits,feeders, used by land owners and not leased land renters.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Property owners and PGC laws collide

How do PGC laws apply to land owners?

Near's I can tell, all PGC regs apply, regardless of how much landyou own or anything else one wished to bring up about property rights vs game laws.

Only exceptions might be for regulated shooting/hunting grounds or pay-to-hunt operations and even they have certain regs that need to be adhered to.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 PM

The possession of a gun on ones own property does not constitute hunting so hunting either before or after hours is a mute point.
Hunting over bait would be considered attempting to illegally harvest an animal no matter who's land you were on.
The semi auto rifle would depend on how good your lawyer really is. patrolling by walking boundary line could be explained in a court of law , where as sitting in a tree stand I would consider attempting to take game in an illegal way.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM

Then why waiste money on property if you got no control of what you do on it? This is what I am talking about. If Iam not allowed todecide about what I can do on my own property then what good is it? Pay 1.5 mil just to post it and say you can't hunt here. Sounds kinda foolish don't it? If I invest this much money and own something. It should give me the right to decide what I want to do and use on it. It's posted so how is it that my semi or my camo during season goanna affect anyone else but me. You have no right on my posted property. It's mine. Why do I have to follow these laws if it's mine. Why is it illegal to use a semi or wear camo during deer season on posted private property? There is no good reason for these laws to apply to land owners.I am a big boy and don't need to have someone to tell me what to do on my property. Where does the land owners rights begin over PGC laws.How many own land and think that all laws should apply to them also on their property? If I want I can drive my truck on our property at 100mph in front of a police officer and there is nothing he can do about it. But yet if I was on the highway, I would get chased and pulled over.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:01 PM

Then why waiste money on property if you got no control of what you do on it?
Good point geroge, you should sign it over to me.
Owning property does not give anyone "extra" constitutional rights or the right to be above the law.

If I want I can drive my truck on our property at 100mph in front of a police officer and there is nothing he can do about it.But yet if I was on the highway, I would get chased and pulled over.
Another good point -- you are comparing onions and hootchiemajiggers.
Your vehicle is licensed for "highway use."
Your hunting license is for "any" hunting --- not hunting "off" off of your property.

This post looks identical to one on another board a year or so ago. I'm thinking that was CrazyHorse or ManySpurs (Highcountry), what posted it.
?????????????
Old 02-13-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: NorthPA

Then why waiste money on property if you got no control of what you do on it?
Good point geroge, you should sign it over to me.
Owning property does not give anyone "extra" constitutional rights or the right to be above the law.

If I want I can drive my truck on our property at 100mph in front of a police officer and there is nothing he can do about it.But yet if I was on the highway, I would get chased and pulled over.
Another good point -- you are comparing onions and hootchiemajiggers.
Your vehicle is licensed for "highway use."
Your hunting license is for "any" hunting --- not hunting "off" off of your property.

This post looks identical to one on another board a year or so ago. I'm thinking that was CrazyHorse or ManySpurs (Highcountry), what posted it.
?????????????
But why is it not allowed for land owners to huntwith Semis and camo? How does this affect the deer herds or other hunters? What is the purpose of these laws to private land owners?
Old 02-13-2007, 02:24 PM

ORIGINAL: NorthPA

Owning property gives me constitutional rights.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Being a PGC does not give "extra" constitutional rights or the right to be above the law.

PGC claims they have the right to search, tresspass violate your constitutional rights without reason or a warrant.

Let's not be hypocritical here now.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

because even though you may own the land you don't own the animals. SO you have to follow the rules for killing those animals like everyone else.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

because even though you may own the land you don't own the animals. SO you have to follow the rules for killing those animals like everyone else.
Don't you think that is being hypocritacle to? Come on. They don't have to obey the constitution but we have to obey their laws on our property. Double standard and very hypocrit. This isn't about hunting without tags or poaching. This was about should we have to use the weapons they say and have to wear the colors they say on our own property. Can we not chose different. What harm does it do?
Old 02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

PGC claims they have the right to search, tresspass violate your constitutional rights without reason or a warrant.
I find it very odd that the PGC has the right to search,tresspass etc....without reason or warrant.Is that what the code states??

Quick Reply: Property owners and PGC laws collide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.