Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEC Commissioner Nominated by Spitzer - Uh Oh >

DEC Commissioner Nominated by Spitzer - Uh Oh

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEC Commissioner Nominated by Spitzer - Uh Oh

Old 01-25-2007, 03:17 PM

Default RE: DEC Commissioner Nominated by Spitzer - Uh Oh

ttt...

I'll inform all of what the goings on were at the Federation meeting. Heading there now. This should be fun.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

don't forget, spitzer was the clown that wanted a serial number stamped ON EVERY BULLET MANUFACTURED, you know, so the murderers who buy bullets legally in a gunstore could easily be apprehended.

jackass
Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 AM

NY state is a good place to be from. If ny sportsman don't do something we will not owne guns or be able to hunt sooner than you think. With the cost of living in NY and the stupid anti hunting and gun laws that we have and will have a person should really consider moving to a more sportsman friendly state.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Let's also remember Spitzer made ademand to gain the entirity of the DECALS database repository to run all licensed hunters through NICS for a fishing expedition to attempt to find "criminals" and also document potential fireamrs owners.

Sheehan shut the door on that one, protecting our right to privacy.

Grannis and Silver made the big push to make it happen in the NYS Assembly.

Although it will take a little time to dig this out of my email archives, concerning the dirty little details (over 8000 messages since 2004/ 2005), here is a refresher. When I extract all the behind the scenes info I have somewhere on my HDD, I will post, but, hey, enjoy, read up!

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/ohms/foil/04218athomas.html

What are the odds of this new Commish, considering his track record, putting up such a fight to protect our rights to privacy?

How does your privacy look today?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

First Billary now Spitzer. What ARE you NY folks thinking? Geez, glad I'm long gone from there.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 AM

What it comes down too, is all of use standing up and fighting the good fight. I live on Long Island and we have alot of hunters bird hunting out here along with deer etc.. and they will have to stand up aswell. Getting people to do this maybe tuff, but it's well worth everyone of us having our days afield where are love is and are families grow stronger.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

The biggest problem in New York is the lack of a separate fish and wildlife dept. Everything is lumped into one DEC dept,that has to deal with all kinds of BS from recycling paint cans and lightbulbs,(lead and mercury pollution) to quotas brought in on commercial fishing boats in NYC. Until the politicians in this great state remove their heads from where the sun don't shine,we as sportsmen will continue to be a minority that has only a small voice.

Charlie
Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: Chasam60

The biggest problem in New York is the lack of a separate fish and wildlife dept. Everything is lumped into one DEC dept,that has to deal with all kinds of BS from recycling paint cans and lightbulbs,(lead and mercury pollution) to quotas brought in on commercial fishing boats in NYC. Until the politicians in this great state remove their heads from where the sun don't shine,we as sportsmen will continue to be a minority that has only a small voice.

Charlie
YES! The Division of Fish, WIldlife and Marine Resources should be a separate department, operated by biologists and managers, devoid of political conditions that are present under the current organizational structure. Talk about pushing for this has been around for a few years, and the urgency to actually push for this through an intelligent, specifically constructed plam is now a priority. ECFSC discussed this last week, and we have moved to get with the other Federations in Region 9 to begin working on this plan. I hope to be a part of it.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows
First Billary now Spitzer. What ARE you NY folks thinking? Geez, glad I'm long gone from there.
Same here... I'm originally from Poughkeepsie, NY. My family had a summer home up in the Adirondacks too. NY State was a wonderful place back in the 60's and 70's. Nowadays? It's a totally different world. [&:]

NY'ers.... I feel sorry for you. [&o][X(]

Butch A.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:55 AM

As is usually the case, there is more to the story.
http://brian.carnell.com/archives/years/2005/04/000019.html

Quick Reply: DEC Commissioner Nominated by Spitzer - Uh Oh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.