Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Wanted dead or alive >

Wanted dead or alive

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wanted dead or alive

Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Wanted dead or alive

To say the mountain lion debate has worked its way into a frenzy is a major understatement. Recently, Mr. Cal DuBrock, Chief of the PGC’s Wildlife Bureau made a few interesting comments reported in a newspaper column. He stated that “this year, more than any I can remember, there has been an ungodly number of mountain lion sightings”. Apparently, the PGC is developing a new protocol for reporting and tracking mountain lion sightings. DCNR field folks apparently are major contributors to the growing number of encounters. Since I have been involved in this debate (12 years) the PGC has maintained there may be a few mountain lions running around PA. However, these would only be accidental or intentional releases of captive western mountain lions. No known breeding pairs exist in PA according to the PGC.

If you are listed on the permit you will be immune from any prosecution for the violation of killing a PA protected species.
http://www.outdoortalknetwork.com/art297.html

How can something be protected if it does not exist???

http://www.outdoortalknetwork.com/art295.html
Old 01-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wanted dead or alive

How can something be protected if it doesn't exist?No one,including the PGC said they don't exist.They said they have no verifiable proof.Besides,Slinsky should know that any animal once indigenousto pa,is protected unless listed as a game animal.What do you think would happen if someone killed a moose that wondered down from Vermont.Should they be prosecuted.You USP guys are way too much.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take head to what?All he's doing is posting nonsense from the USP site.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-23-2007, 07:52 AM

I was just wondering why DougE (dce) hasn't posted any photos of all those deer he supposedly killed this year at "Treasure Island" and on Game Lands. Could it be that those kills fere a figment of his imagination?

He could have at least shown us the pictures of the deer he killed in 2G.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I generally don't take pictures of the deer I kill.However,As I've stated numerous times,call someone at the PGC(you should have some friends there)and have them check my harvest report cards.It's real easy to do John.I know you haven't sent one in in quite a few years.Then again,what do my deer kills have to do with the USP's conspiracy theories concerning mountain lions.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BaileyHill

ORIGINAL: DougE
You USP guys are way too much.
You just can't make a post without personal slurs can you? I hope the mods take heed .
what part of DougE's post is considered "personal slurs"?

the USP is a group of pennsylvanians suing themselves, what he said is not only not a slur, its also completely true