Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Intresting for PA Hunters >

Intresting for PA Hunters

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Intresting for PA Hunters

Old 01-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Spike

Default RE: Intresting for PA Hunters

Great Post, well stated
Old 01-19-2007, 10:02 AM

Some of you boys crack me up! The guy has no special intrests in his post but you rip him because of his financial situation that you don't have, you should feel thankful you hunt in PA, my state's deer herd is poor! At least your state is trying to make your hunting better. Patience!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

Some of you boys crack me up! The guy has no special intrests in his post but you rip him because of his financial situation that you don't have, you should feel thankful you hunt in PA, my state's deer herd is poor! At least your state is trying to make your hunting better. Patience!
You have to understand that some of these folks couldn't hunt their way out of a paper bag and want things easy. Some are members of the unsatisfied snotwipers of Philadelphia, and think the purpose of the blame commission is to deliver a deer to their stand every year.
The article is a good one and indicates that the author is a sportsman.This is something that the naysayers could never be in their wildest dreams.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's also interesting that PA's new direction deer managementgets regularly mentioned in national magazines in a favorable light by some of the most respected names in wildlife and deer biology. To name a few: DrJames Kroll, Chalres Alsheimer, Dr Dave Samuel etc etc
The list goes on and on.

Who are the critics? Jim Slinsky, Levengood, Bolgiano and the USP

I think I'll side with the A team
Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally wouldn't live in an area where I had to travel to hunt.My house is essentially my camp and I have alot of money and time invested in it.I grew up in Wyoming county where there's still a ton of deer and moved out here in 1991.There's definately less deer around here now comparedto 1991 but more than enough to still have good hunting.I rarely if ever shoot deer in the same spots in consequtive years.Some years they produce and some years they don't.There's way too many variables to consider from year to year.One thing is for sure,the only way to find out is to get out there and scout.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Host of Hosts

For way to long peole got used to going out first day and shooting a spike buck and then 2 weeks later going out and shooting a doe. It was really very easy to do. It was getting boring for me. I'm happy that we actually have to hunt now to bag a whitetail. It gives me much more time outdoors to enjoy myself a little more than when I was done hunting by 8:30-9:00 am. Thats what alot of hunters got used to. We are headed in the right direction for sure, but it will take a few more years.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:56 PM

trykon, I agree w/ you wholeheartedly. Don't you think that's why u are a bowhunter? It's not as easy and more of a challenge to us.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Host of Hosts

trykon, I agree w/ you wholeheartedly. Don't you think that's why u are a bowhunter? It's not as easy and more of a challenge to us
I still rifle hunt, but not nearly as much as I used to. I mostly do it so one of my family members has someone to go out with. I have passed on deer the last 2 years during rifle season, and probably will next year if I go out. I'll take a video camera along with me. I'll still carry my gun just in case I see a nice buck and hadn't shot one in archery.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Rifle is all about the wife. She loves to hunt and is a crack shot. I'm like you ,I carry my gun if a bruiser might walk out, but that's if I didn't get one in archery. I actually forgot ammo the first day this year.My wife thought I did it on purpose so she would have the only shot.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Host of Hosts

It certainly seems strange that Gary Alt is not employed by any other state. If his deer management plan is so good why isn't he being employed to institute it in any other state? You'll notice that he's not even employed as a bear biologist
Although your PGC and Gary Alt Bashing is getting very old, I'll say this one thing....Maybe he doesn't want to work in the field any longer ever think of that?

Did anyone notice the deafening silence coming from the other sportsmen's organizations?
No I didn't notice. What organizations are you referring to? Only thing I noticed was the immediate spin put out by the USP when they were shot down by the courts a week or so ago. Their press release came out so quick it seemed they knew they had already lost the case.

Quick Reply: Intresting for PA Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.