Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rt 209 Delaware Water Gap Area PA >

Rt 209 Delaware Water Gap Area PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rt 209 Delaware Water Gap Area PA

Old 12-20-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Rt 209 Delaware Water Gap Area PA

Does anyone hunt along Rt 209 in Pike/Monroe county?There are a lot of corn fields along the rd. Are some of these State owned or are they all private land? I've only hunted along there once or twice but I see a lot of deer out in the fields. I thought I might check out a few places for next season.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Rt 209 Delaware Water Gap Area PA

Where about are you talking about? I hunt up there in Delaware Water Gap on Tot's Gap road on Federal Park Service land! I don't really know of any land along 209 in Water Gap! Although I could be wrong!! Farther up 209 through Bushkill,I believe it is past Bushkill where it turns into state land! I think this is where you are talking about!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

I've hunted off of River road (where river rd makes a hard left away from the riverand a dirt roadparallels the river with a series of corn fields between the road and the river)for doves but I've never hunted deer there. I did hunt off of 209 but like Speedmaster said that was north of Bushkill. I actually hunted where it turned to Pike county becauseI had a doe tag for Pike (but that was a while ago).

I did kick a nice deer out of the corn once while dove hunting soI imagine there are some good deer down there, lots of ticks as I remember as well.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM

That's exactly where I was talking about. Right between Bushkill and Milford. I drove that way today and seen a bunch of guys bird hunting, so it looks like State land to me. I think I'm going to scout some areas along there for next season.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is all Federal Land it is the Deleware Water GapRecreation Area. This land is on both the NJ & PA side. There are some nice deer, but also there aren't many deer. I have a house in Digmans PA where we stay at when we hunt NJ and from time to time we see deer in the fields. If your heading north towards Milford, look for Zimmerman Rd. which is on your left, take that road, it is nice back there and deep make sure you have 4wheel drive
Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 PM

I'll check it out. Is the NJ side any better? I'm really looking for a spot to see some deer. Next year will be my youngest son's first year hunting and I want to get him some shooting. He's a little impatient and I really want to get him hooked on hunting. All of the places we've hunted for the last 20 yrs have no deer at all, so I'm trying to find some new spots.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:40 PM

That is where I thought you were talking about!! I have never hunted deer up there but did alot of small game hunting there! And I remember last year we were small game hunting and on 2 different occasions when we were driving to another spot we seen bucks out in 2 of the fields! This was around noon or so! The one was chasing a doe around and the other buck must of been on a hot does trail! His nose was to the ground and he was zigzagging all around and did not care that there was a car parked next to the field he was in!!
Like I said though I have never hunted for deer up there!!
Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

From my understanding the NJ side may hold more deer, but then the NJ side isn't has deep as the PA side, there are alot more hunters on the NJ side versus the PA side