Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC? >

Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC?

Old 12-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC?

Besides buying a hunting license and extra doe tags, muzzleloader tags, bear or other. Has anyone ever made a donation to the PGC? If not why?

I'll start I have made a monetary donation to the PGC just last month. It wasn't alot of money ,but I had 2 debit/credit cards that each had a few dollars left on them and I didn't know what to do with them so one day I was on the PGC website and used them up. I have never donated or volunteered any time to them, but I'd like to help out sometime. If anyone knows how I'd go about doing that let me know please. Some folks beleive that the PGC is suffering financially by design of the Governors office and I tend to agree.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Default RE: Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC?

No, right now I'm pretty disgusted with the way the deer herd has been managed. Also every encounter I've had with Game Wardens has not been pleasant. We have had them enter our cabin without a warrant or reason and demand to see all of our guns. The road blocks where they search your vehicle and check all of your guns during deer season on Rt 6. I've seen them fine guys driving 70 yr old men up a power line so they could hunt in their favorite stand a few more times before they die. My uncle had them follow him in a truck while himand 4 other guys drug out a 500lb bear.Not help them out and put the bear in the truck, drive behind them. No I'll hold on to my money.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:20 PM

NO! I do not believe in rewarding poor performance. If they didn't waste their money on silly items such as uniform patches that never get issued,etc they couldbe in theblack ink rather than red.
What really POs me is the PGC won't take any suggestions from the hunters and landowners but will stand there with their hands out for our $$.
Once they close certain WMUs to anterless hunting like they did with bears when numbers were WAY down . I might consider it.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Besides buying a hunting license and extra doe tags, muzzleloader tags, bear or other. Has anyone ever made a donation to the PGC? If not why? I actually agree with you on the government reaching into the pockets and screwing things up for them a bit in someway.

I'll start I have made a monetary donation to the PGC just last month. It wasn't alot of money ,but I had 2 debit/credit cards that each had a few dollars left on them and I didn't know what to do with them so one day I was on the PGC website and used them up. I have never donated or volunteered any time to them, but I'd like to help out sometime. If anyone knows how I'd go about doing that let me know please. Some folks beleive that the PGC is suffering financially by design of the Governors office and I tend to agree.

Actually yes I have. 30$ I donated to them when I didn't recieve my elk or bobcat tag this year. It wasn't really volunteered, They just kept it. I consider that adonation in my book.

I actually agree with you try about the government haveing a hand in this all so some how. I would think the timber industries are in on it with the government some how. I don't have a clue where they are spending 100mil I would geuss a year could be going other than in someones pocket.Thats alot of money there.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Host of Hosts

Actually yes I have. 30$ I donated to them when I didn't recieve my elk or bobcat tag this year. It wasn't really volunteered, They just kept it. I consider that adonation in my book.

I actually agree with you try about the government haveing a hand in this all so some how. I would think the timber industries are in on it with the government some how. I don't have a clue where they are spending 100mil I would geuss a year could be going other than in someones pocket.Thats alot of money there.
I guess I never really thought about the Elk Tag and Bobcat Tag as donations , but I guess that is true. I guess I donated 10.00 for the Elk tag this year then too. Good Point LP. I never applied for a Bobcat License before. I'm not sure if all the timber companies are involved, but some could be. I'm postive Insurance companies are involved and to another extent the antis have the ears of some of the politicians too. Hey LP we actually found some common ground.

I'd still like to do some volunteer work. maybe I could learn a few more things. I was gonna help out a coworkers son one summer banding doves, but I'm not sure why we never hooked up. I think it was toward the end of the program so time just ran out.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Host of Hosts

How about you folks with farm land or a few acres. Would you ever consider raising Pheasants? I beleive the PGC has a program to help you get it started and its not overly expensive.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

How about you folks with farm land or a few acres. Would you ever consider raising Pheasants? I beleive the PGC has a program to help you get it started and its not overly expensive.
You got a link for this by chance? I got 3 nice size properties I could use without doubt to raise birds. Just need to know what is needed. How many acres,cages, food. And do I get to eat any during out ofseason?

I seen a place going up towards erie on route 36 I believe it was or in that area. That had pens that looked like batting cages, All netted in on all side and and tops, It was loaded with pheasants. I think they had like five to ten of them. Twenty yards long by about ten yards wide and eight to ten feet high.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Host of Hosts

You got a link for this by chance? I got 3 nice size properties I could use without doubt to raise birds. Just need to know what is needed. How many acres,cages, food. And do I get to eat any during out ofseason?

I'll try to find it for you. But it won't be until later this evening or tommorow morning

seen a place going up towards erie on route 36 I believe it was or in that area. That had pens that looked like batting cages, All netted in on all side and and tops, It was loaded with pheasants. I think they had like five to ten of them. Twenty yards long by about ten yards wide and eight to ten feet high
There is a farm just outside of North East, Pa. (15 miles from Erie) on route 89 that has Pheasants or did I haven't been out that way in a year or so even though its 10 minutes from where I work. I saw another one somewher, but I can't remember where Somewhere between Warren and Ridgway.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:31 PM

Why would anyone donate money to an agency that has run itself into near bankruptcy, mismanaged the deer herd, ruined the economy of the northern tier of Pennsylvania, bedded down with DCNR, and genuflected to the wishes of the forest industry rather than the interests of hunters/

Might as well send a check to ENRON!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Host of Hosts

Might as well send a check to ENRON!
Oh how clever! And I suppose your little group could manage things any better. We all know your a PGC basher so please do me a favor and post somewhere else. Start your own counter post if you want. Not everyone like yourself believes the PGC is the big evil. Some of us would like to work with them to improve things, not bash them in every post we make.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever donate time or money to the PGC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.