Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sons first buck

Old 12-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sons first buck

This is my youngest son with his first buck. We hung a double wide ladder stand over the edge of a clearcut. This was the second buck we saw that day. The first came in on my side and busted us at 20 yards before I could get my sons attention. He managed to get it's tail in his scope as it ran off (it was at least a tenpointer that was well outside his ears) This one came in an hour or so later and gave the kid a 20 yard shot. Its not the biggest but it's his first and we're both as happy as we can be! BTW, for those that dont like to see kids take sub AR bucks, Ithas 5 points making it legal even if he wasnt a junior.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sons first buck

tell your son congrats on a nice buck. As far as it being AR legal or not I for one say who cares when it comes to a kid being introduced to the sport. If it was a spike he would still have that grin on his face and be hooked for life. I'm just happy to see new hunters being introduced and having an experience like that with their father. Congrats again to both of you.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

That smile says it all...congrats to him and to you!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:14 AM

i agree 100% let the kids shoot whatever they can get a shot so that they will be hooked for life. nice first buck. congrats
Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 AM
jf5

Nice buck, congrats to the boy, you must be proud...
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

your sons done better than me this year, congrats!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

give the kid a ^5
Old 12-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Awesome Congrats to your son!!! I agree with bearklr!!! Nice buck!! Congrats to you both!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats too him! That isa good buck. That had to be great being there with him for that. Those are the memories you'll never forget.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You gotta love the smile of a young hunter and his first deer!
I'm smiling right now Bob cause I know the pride you are feeling. I'd say that buck and your boy are a perfect match for each other. The area in the pic looks real familiar to me. As a general question, do you have to walk in behind gated roads to get there?
There is no better feeling than hunting up in the big woods and there are still some good opportunities to be had.Betweenyou and meand our parties this year, we have proven that. My group had a 50% success rate this year and my brothers buck was the largest rack by far we have EVER even seen up there. I saw a buck at the camp down the road that was every bit as big as my brothers also. In the years before AR we never had a 50% success rate and spikes or forkies were the rule. I have seen concrete evidence in several diverse habitats over multiple seasons that AR does in fact work remarkably well.

Quick Reply: Sons first buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.