Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 another hot weekend in NY >

another hot weekend in NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

another hot weekend in NY

Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default another hot weekend in NY

wow its going to be mid 50s this weekend, i feel like im going to be in a stand for no reason because the deer werent even moving when it was 40 degreese during the day,
anyone else having any luck in this heat?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: another hot weekend in NY

Global warming.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have been seeing mainly Doe. I did see two bucks together on Tuesday but could not get a clear shot at either one. They were the onlyBucks that I have seen. All of the Deer I have seen have been between 8:00-9:30 time frame. Nothing at first light or at dusk. I will be at it in the morning and try it again! The only positive note hasbeen the fact that I have seen deer every day that I hunted this week (6 days). During bow season I saw only 2 deer theentire early season!

MIKE
Old 11-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a buck right at first light yesturday. With this warm weather plus all the hunting pressure i will start pushing and doing some small drives. Not everyone agrees with this type of hunting but it produces plus you see something.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Global warming.
I don't know if you're serious or not, but I'm begining to believe that has a lot to do with it. I've been reading a bunch of articles on global warming and deer hunting/fishing. Interesting stuff. Seems kind of strange to be hunting with my light/medium archery clothing when it's almost December.

As far as hunting this weekend? I'd get out there regardless of the weather. This weekend is the weekend a lot of people start doing their deer drives (around here anyway). Most of them are back to work Monday so they make a last effort to bag their deer this weekend with any means neccessary. They will get them up and moving.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:50 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Make up my mind when its warm turn the air cond. on, when its cold turn the heat up. No matter what the weather is in joy the time in the outdoors. Good hunting Rich
Old 11-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

might be a hot weekend, but i had 14 deer pass under my stand while bowhunting this morning........not a buck to be found , though.

there were twin button bucks with thier momma, they had real wierd long white hairs on thier back . the patch was about the size of a basketball in the same spot on each of them.

about 10 years ago there were 2 piebald bucks on this property, must be the same genes...

anyway, the deer were moving!

moose
Old 11-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

I was really kind of serious. I never remember having a thanksgiving weekend like this before. Shouldn't it be in the 30's, cold and raining?
Animals in the arctic are actually coming close to extinction (polar bears, penguins etc.). I really don't know what to think of it. I'd be interested to see how things are different in 20-30 years from now.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:58 AM

It was certainly a hot weekend but the bucks were still chasing does! My friend took a big 8pt. and within 15 minutes he had a spike run past-grunting, then an even bigger buck chase 3 does past him.2 hours later another friend shot a different spike. On Sun. we jumped an injured 4 pt. that my friend later shot- it was certainly a hot weekend.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:38 PM

I had a great weekend even though it was warm. Sat evening I had around 20 doe, several fawns, 3 4-pointers and 1 8-pointer (which I took) all milling around in front of me at the same time. This was highly unusual though as all the rest of my hunting has been either just a few doe, or nothing at all. Sometimes I truely believe luck plays a big part in hunting. There is something to be said for being in the right place (or tree) at the right time! Oh, and no, the log was NOT sticking out of his head when I shot him

Quick Reply: another hot weekend in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.