Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Moose in Dutchess county NY >

Moose in Dutchess county NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Moose in Dutchess county NY

Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 AM

Default Moose in Dutchess county NY

I work in dutchess county and there has been another sighting of a 1000 pound cow moose. I wonder if the DEC will capture it and return it back to where it migrated from? Anyone else read about this in the newspaper?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Moose in Dutchess county NY

I live near Watertown, NY and we've had several sightings and a capture of a young bull moose that roamed through Watertown. Apparently thepopulation is expanding.The DEC says to expect more accidents and sightings in the future.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:10 AM

why take it away and not let them grow and start off a population...
Old 11-22-2006, 08:33 AM

If my geography is right it may well have wandered in from here in Ct. Our DEP estimates a resident population of about 100 here now (maybe 99 ). They can create a dilemma for DEC as its nice to have them, just not in urban areas where vehicle incidents are likely. Moving them to remote areas is an option but doesn't always work out well as in the case of the one near watertown ( I think) that later died after being tranquilized and transported.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

The moose you speak of was in Watertown. It had a bullet in it b/c it was shot at during its journey to the big city.The stress that was put on it by cutting its antlers off and taking it back into the mountains was also a contributing factor in its death.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a picture of it on another site, can't remember which one. Pretty far south for one, but it was cool to see.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I think it is one of the Moose that came from Westchester County. They had a bunch of sightings this year.

I'd love to get a trail cam pic of it!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:52 PM

Here is a pic of the Dutchess County Moose... This was taken the day before when it was down the street in Putnam County. Acording to DEC it's the same moose that has been in Westchester County.. Last seen heading west alonginterstate84

Old 11-23-2006, 07:55 PM

Don't know why the pic wount work.. Go over to northeasternoutdoors.com and check out the pic..
Old 11-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: NYBOWHUNTER43

Don't know why the pic wount work.. Go over to northeasternoutdoors.com and check out the pic..
remove the img and brackets from both ends of the link

Quick Reply: Moose in Dutchess county NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.