Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 when would you say prime rut is in ny? >

when would you say prime rut is in ny?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

when would you say prime rut is in ny?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default when would you say prime rut is in ny?

is anyone see rutting activity in any parts of ny? would you said its just really starting to happen? or its almost prime? or it hasent started yet, im trying to decide how long to sit in my stand, if they are rutting hard i wont be out of the standvery long.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: when would you say prime rut is in ny?

I believe the weather is having a huge effect on this years rut,most of the activity is happening at night.

To naswer your question right now is the peak.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

It has really slowed down this week compared to last, I'd say we are about to enter post-rut.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

It has really slowed down this week compared to last, I'd say we are about to enter post-rut.
what part of ny do you hunt, as of 2 weekends ago they werent rutting at all? if anything the rut started last weekend im my area if it did even start yet.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I HUNT IN CATT. COUNTY ITS SLOWED RIGHT DOWN, ALMOST LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED. RICH
Old 11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Spike

here in chaut. co. I seethe bucks stillmaking scraps. I watched 1 last night. I am seeing plenty of does and a few small bucks. I missed a shooter last Sunday. But I haven't seen any chasing when I usually do by now. I hope I catch one Sat. morning when my son will be by mt side.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

I spoke with a Reg. 6 DEC Biologist today and he said we arein the peak of the rut (giveor take aday or two).As for my experience in the field, I havn't seen anything chasing. Seen a couple rubs, but no scrapes. My main stand overlooks quite a few fields and open areas. Nothing yet. Seen quite a few does running around but nothing following them anywhere. Had a young spike come to my grunt the other night and noticed he wasn't with a buddy (another young spike) that I saw him with about a week or two ago. I think it's just starting up here near Watertown. I know the light is the main reason the rut starts but I think the warmer weather is holding them back a little bit. Maybe it's going on at night. Just my .02
Old 11-15-2006, 04:18 PM

I hunt in madison county.... and i found that the Rut has started a week back or so(give or take a day). I also haven't seen as many scrapes as normal. A guy not to far(1/4 mile)from whereI hunt shot(bow) 11 point. 200 lbs. It was amazing. never seen a deer that big except TV. He said he has never saw this deer before nor has anyone in the area. I sure never saw it and i'm hunting there 4 years , this year being my 5th.anyways, good luck..

Old 11-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I t has slowed down to nothing. I have not seen any buck movement in the past week.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

temps are supposed to be cooler this weekend, hopefully this will be prime rut time where i hunt.

Quick Reply: when would you say prime rut is in ny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.