Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any on from NH?? >

Any on from NH??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any on from NH??

Old 11-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any on from NH??

I hunted J2/L/M over the past week or so with sons and friends. We have managed to tag a buck, a doe and a bear.

We had one hugh doe shot that we could not locate the next day after we found her bedded the night before.

We also had one buddy miss a doe after watching her for 45 min and another miss a big 10 pointer than walked up behind him less than 10 yds away.

I also let a big doewith herfawn walk very early in the season.

So what does all this mean? We still got a whole bunch of tags to fill.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:13 PM

I'm from Manchester. My buddies who hunt during the muzzle loader season saw deer every day they went out. Last weekend was the the first time I could join them with my12ga and all we got was soaked. This won't happen to me next year. Just bought the T/C Omega. Will get it dialed in over the summer so I'll be good to go earlier next season.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Kenman: I guess thats a good reason to pass on that coyote. You can get back after him after Deer season.

Keng: I am also in Manchester, I was out once and saw nothing and am going out tomorrow morning, hopefully I will stay dry and we will see something.

I am thinking of going out after some coon tonight in Derry, I have never been before and nobody will go with me so I will be solo. I ordered a gun mounted light but it hasn't come in yet so I will be using a handheld. Should be fun to try to hold a light and shoot at the same time! I will be using a .17hmr. I wonder how long after I shoot until the cops show up??? we will see!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:57 PM

Buckmaster...........You from TF ? I'm from Gfld, neighbor.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

yes win im in t.f.

i work in greenfield.

hows the hunting going?i scored early but been quiet since.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:36 PM

Hey browning204, how are ya buddy??? Welcome to the site!!

-Dave
Old 11-16-2006, 08:58 PM

Been hunting Sommerset Res in Vt. I don't do any Ma. Lots of sign, especially moose, I'll have to put in for a permit next year. I havn't hunted Ma in about 10 years, can't deal w/ the whole shotgun and no hunting on Sunday thing. Mabe one year I'll break down and get a nice bolt action shotgun w/ rifled barrel & scope and start doing Ma, but for now I'm happy w/ Vt.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:38 PM

Hey icefish, whats up? have you been practicing those calls? after Deer season, we should go out again after those coyotes. Wanna do some coon hunting at night?? All my buddies are to chicken to go, I ordered a scope mounted light.

I was gonna go last night but the rain was terrible!

ok see you later.

Tell that kid Jimmy at you work that he better join NHW&W or else!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 04:56 PM

How do you go coon hunting?? Dont ya need dogs for that? If we aint got ice the day after deer is done, or when the last week of bow season, yeah ill go for some yotes with ya! Yes I've been practicingwith the call and I think something should come running!!I think he just got internet at his house so I'll let him know!

-Dave
Old 11-19-2006, 04:42 PM

Dogs for coon? Don't you know how to bark??

No we will call them with my gizmo, I hear that they come in pretty fast and hard. thats why 2 guns are better than one.

I hate getting rabies shots!!! really, I have gotten them, they SUCK!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.