Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Marylanders

Old 11-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Marylanders

Do any of you know any public hunting grounds in the mariottsville area? on or around mariottsville road.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Marylanders

i used to hunt a great part of patapsco valley state park off marriotsville rd. until a beaver dammed the creek bottom we crossed to get in to our spot. the water got 4' deep and we never tried to go back. we started hunting private land after that.

ill ask my dad tonight exactly where it was we parked and give you the location to check out.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Spike

The Patapsco State Park. There is an area off Driver Road which is very large and loaded with deer.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

FYI I hunt an area out in Damascus. Let me know if you want directions. It is only a 45min drive from millersville. I live in pasadena and it is 45 for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:35 PM

DW, you could also try Raincliffe or Slacks in Sykesville and Woodbrook in Woodbine. Both of those are State public lands. If you take a ride to the DNR office on Gwynbrook Drive, you can get a permit and maps to dozens of areas.

If you want to pay $50, you could hunt Meade Natural Heritage land which is a lot closer to you. You need to qualify to hunt there.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks G2 shooter and i already have a permit for north tract. Just never qualified there with my bow. Just muzzy and shotgun. I have been hunting liberty resivoir with my bow and some guy was telling me there was public hunting in mariottsville for bow only but he was very vague on the directions. Not sure if he meant patapsco park or not.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Saxman1819

FYI I hunt an area out in Damascus. Let me know if you want directions. It is only a 45min drive from millersville. I live in pasadena and it is 45 for me.
Thanks Saxman1819, but if you remember us talking about this last hunting season i already hunt there. In fact i'll be there this saturday with my 2 boys for youth day. It's just you hunt browns church road area and i come into the woods from the other side, from penn rod road.
I was mainly looking for areas that were bow only cause the deer might not be pressured from all the gun hunting.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Drakeman

The Patapsco State Park. There is an area off Driver Road which is very large and loaded with deer.
I think you need to have a permit for the park? if so how do you go about getting it?
Old 11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Yep I remember. Sorry I get names on these forums confused.[&:]
Old 11-08-2006, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

No problem saxman, you goin out this weekend?

Quick Reply: Marylanders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.