Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sterling Forest, NY >

Sterling Forest, NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sterling Forest, NY

Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sterling Forest, NY

Has anyone deer hunted Sterling Forest in NY? A couple of guys I was talking to hunt there. They like it. You also have a chance of seeing Black bears. I think next year I will give it a try. It's much closer for this Brooklyn guy than where Ihunt nowin Columbia County.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 AM

Default RE: Sterling Forest, NY

I have never hunted there, but being as close to the city as it is I can imagine a lot of hunters hunt it. Not much private land in the Rockland county area either where one can hunt. If it gets crowds of hunters I don't think I would be interested. Columbia county on the other hand is mostly private land, and the hunting isn't bad at all up there if you have a place to hunt. Doe permits are not hard to get there neither. Columbia county is only 2 hours away from the city, which isn't all bad. Many hunters have to go a whole lot further to hunt. I would consider myself very lucky if I had a place to hunt in Columbia county!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

A friend from my website hunts there... he lieks it, but I hear there's a lot of pressure. I like to find hard to hunt public places, they see very litle pressure.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:19 AM

I know a guy who claims he was shot at 3 different times during rifle seasons a few years back in that area. He refuses to hunt there anymore, I would stear clear of there during gun season.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Spike

Hey Doefever what part of columbia county? We hunt in taghkanic 5 minutes up the road from the Diner on 82
Old 11-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Fork Horn

D3VilzIcOn...We hunt the same park. I know the diner well. It's 1:00 AM now and of course I can't sleep. I'm going to drive up there in about an hour from now. This will be my 4th time hunting there this season. Sure hope I see something today! Good luck.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Spike

I dont hunt the park much only a few times. I lease 70 acres up there not to far from the diner the other way of the park. Im leaving in a few to go up there too Good luck.