Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do? >

Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do?

Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do?

Finally get all my stars to align so I can hunt and big front with lots of rain expected tonight. "Should I stay or should I go now" ah what the hell its early not that cold maybe the rain will get the deer moving (yeah right.)Been hunting approx 20 some hours still yet to see a deer! The deer gods owe me at least a doe for crying out loud. Does anyone else go out in the rain? During the rut I'm there but its kinda early yet to get soaked and get sick.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do?

In western New England they are calling for heavy rain on Friday, with a cold front moving in behind it. You can bet I'll be on stand early Saturday Morning. When I am archery hunting, I will hunt in a light rain but not a downpour. The deer in my area do not move during heavy rain. However, if I get a heavy rain during rifle season, you can bet I will be still hunting through bedding areas. Don't feel too bad about deer sightings, that is normal in my neck of the woods. Good Luck.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:25 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Matt i think all of us folks here in western NY will have to get some good gore text stuff, rain and snow dos'nt what to quit. I won't be going out till the week end. Rich
Old 10-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess we play on the hunting net for now. I don't mind hunting with a bow in light rain. But this heavy rain, noway. Not that I'm a fair weather hunter, its more in fear of a blood trail being washed away.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:12 PM

Yeah, that was just a fun bike ride from class to my dorm. Do not that when wet, you can't even tell the brake is there.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

buck alley I'm the same as you I owe it to the animal to make sure I do everything I can to find it after the shot a heavy rain washes any hope of that away when bowhunting , now rifle that's a differant story they just drop in their tracks
Old 10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

I've got the whole day off Friday[:@]

Heavy wind and rain, all day 20-30 MPH N-NW.

I love the N-NW wind, but in combination with the strength, and the heavy rain...I can't take the chance at a second mishap this season. Looks like I'll be washing some hunting gear, and getting ready for a Saturday hunt.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

I ended up hunting in the rain tonight anyway on the edge of a bean field. Just about dark and the herd started 12 in all, closest was about 35 yds too far for me in the fading light but finally got to see some fur thank god. That is by far the most deer I have seen in one time. 10 doe and a couple little guys sniffing around alright very little guys a lil forkhorn and maybe a small six getting pretty dark neither were shooters. Maybe should hunt in the drizzle more often good luck all
Old 10-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sure sounds like a washout as far as hunting goes. Rain will be too heavy and sounds like some pretty hefty winds this afternoon to add to the enjoyment. You'll know where to find me Saturday morning when this subsides. Should be a good day to hunt Saturday.

As far as today goes? I have some meat to package and a lot of gear to wash. I'm going out in the rain around noon to set up one more stand. Not really crazy about disturbing my land after the season started, but it needs to be done. I'll probably catch pneumonia by the time we're done, but as good of a day as any to do it. Then I'll shoot the bow in between raindrops and make sure everything is still in check. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh hunting doesn't end even on washout rainy days. Gotta love it!
Old 10-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

I had plans to hunt Fri-Sat. The forecast was just too nasty. I will delay my hunt till tomorrow (Hunting Sat-Sun). Should be a good time to be in the woods, right after heavy rains.

Quick Reply: Here comes the rain!!!!! what do you do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.