Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Early Muzzleloader Season >

MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Old 10-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Nice deer guys! Congratulations.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:53 PM

well i tried as much as possible to get out on the three day bucks and does but friday was cut short due to a stupid wedding that i had to go to and i had to spend my mothers birthday with her on saturday. Look to help out the herd a little bit on wednesday and hopefully see a fat doe. cant wait to get back out there with my Bow next week as does start getting the big boys all hot and heavy.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Congrats Guys!
I managed to put a big ol' doe down last night with the smokepole...I tookher on private land in Kent County
Old 10-26-2006, 05:17 AM

yea i put a nice fat doe down lastnite as well. about 600 she just walked to about 60 yards away and dropped straight down. the easiest blood trails. First deer with my muzzleloader.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

[&:] Well, I have this friend that saw four deer the other morning around 7:30 , walk within range. He saw one with antlers and the others were does. He shot the lead doe at 40yds only to find 5" spikes behind his ears![:@] The ears had lined up perfectly with those damn spikes and I, I mean he didn't see them the entire two minutes he was walking throught the woods. **it happens I guess. The rules in MD say three" or less to be legal. I wonder how much leniency the average game warden would have or what the fine would be?

Mike
Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 AM

i went out tuesday afternoon.at 430 i seen a 4 point an 6 point fightin.to lil bucks.at 600pm i had a 17 in spread or so 8 point walk in 40 yards away.to bad doe only
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

I might go out tomorrow for a bit before the rain but I'm taking the bow if I go. Cause it never fails that when I'm out looking for does during the doe only muzzleloader season I'll see all bucks. The bow takes care of that problem.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 13 yo son got his first deer last Saturday and I shot a BIG doe yesterday evening. I've seen lots of deer this season. Seems like more than normal.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted with a bow exclusively (for deer) the last few years. I took a large doe Monday morning on my place. She dressed 104 lbs whichis pretty nice for my area.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Saw a handful last night between 515P and 600P. By the time 5 does decided to come out, I had a 4-pointer walking back and forth in front about 5 feet in front of my stand for a good 10 minutes. Had to freeze up the entire time so the other deer wouldn't get spooked. Needless to say, he hung around just long enough that by the time he went away, the does went back into cover.[:@] Ah well, back to bow next week!

Quick Reply: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.