Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bull Moose

Old 09-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bull Moose

We had a visitor in Watertown the other day. A young Bull Moose. NYS DEC think it came from as far as Quebec looking for a mate. It was seen about 30 miles away in Lowville and then on the City streets of Watertown. I wonder if it could have come from the Adirondacks as well since it was over near Lowville. They ended up tranquilizing it (it expired on the 14th hole of a golf course), cut it's antlers off and moved it to the Adirondacks. Below is a picture. Enjoy.

Old 09-24-2006, 12:27 PM

Default RE: Bull Moose

WoW! A "Bull In One!"
Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah, my mother told me about that, so i had to go to newzjunky and check it out. i liked the picture of it standing in someone's back yard while a cop takes a picture of it with his cell phone.

they said the DEC didnt have a tranquilizer kit and had to wait to get one from the zoo, why wouldnt they have one?

i hunt slightly south of where this bull would have traveled from lowville to watertown. if i saw that guy walking by me in the woods, i dont know what i would do.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

this moose apparently died shortly after being released. The DEC found it not far from where it was released the next day.

there was another moose seen in st. lawrence county yesterday morning too. i have never even heard of moose in NY, and now they are popping up all over when they are in rut.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

There are moose in the Adirondacks year round, but not too many. It's a shame that the one died recently. I heard it was in bad shape to start. A source close to the DEC said that the moose looked like it was shot once with a gun. Who knows.