Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How many Pa guys will pledge........ >

How many Pa guys will pledge........

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many Pa guys will pledge........

Old 10-11-2006, 02:01 PM

Default RE: How many Pa guys will pledge........

As luck would have it the number just went to 5 since 9/30
Oooooggga Booooga. Let's see some pictures of them trophies.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

I've slipped 4 shafts into 4 BB already this season, all on public land! I love the meat and the PGC is giving us their blessings by offering so many doe tags. I couldn't give a rat's butt about saving bucks for the horn hunters in 3-4 years. If it is legal it is down!! As far as I'm concerned if the PGC wanted them protected they would simply make it a law that any male deer be tagged with your 1 buck tag.
As luck would have it the number just went to 5 since 9/30 !! This time I honestly didn't know it was a BB till I recovered him. I think I'll slow down as I only have 2 more DMAP and my original doe tag and buck tag left till flintlock season is done with in January...must scoot an pull his hide. EC
What a disservice you are doing to all fellow hunters and the herd itself. That's 5 bucks that will never grow a single antler because of you let alone live and breed etc and how greedy. I sure as hell don't want to hear you whine that your not seeing bucks come next year and what you said earlier, I wish this state did force button bucks to be tagged with your buck tag, at least then you'd be done killing bucks.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM

It isn't "...if he would have..."
it is "...ifSHE would have..."

Those of you that chase the horn have every legalright to do as you please and you won't see me posting comments about the disservice you are doing to the herds and fellow sportsmen/women.Well I have as much legalright to do as I please. If you don't like the law that protects 1.5 yr olds but allows killing BB then go get that changed. The PGC has asked for help in reducing deer numbers by offering all the modes of killing what they define as anterless deer.Me, I like 6 month old venison back straps and frankly most 6 month old males are larger than the females of that age so I'll keep right on passing mature does andplacing my pins on the BB!
I have a den full of deer racks (8 that score above P&Y mins and of that 8, 4 that score over 150") sure some pup will now shout "post pictures or I'll claim you a troll...bla bla bla",well IF I feel real energetic I may scan a few but at my leisure not at your demands.
Until then I still have 4 more tags to fill and can you guess what I'll be looking for to put in the freezer.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I smell a troll!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM

No button bucks for me. I'll take a big doe and hopefully get a crack at a buck. I can't eat more than two deer anyway and I'm not a big believer in the almost limitless tags available in 2B because it encompasses some land in Westmoreland County that IMO would not benefit from the kill em all rules currently in place.To me, some guys are just being greedy and have crossed over from hunter to assasin. How many deer does one guy need? Maybe consider saving one for the guy hunting down the ridge from you. Or better yet, maybe save yourself some for next year and the year after.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

One mature buck would yield as much meat as the 9 BB's you plan on reducing to burger. What a waste of the resource IMO. The GC did ASK that folks attempt to refrain from killing BB's. I guess a request is ignored in your camp and the letter of the law is king, so long as it works in your favor. I guess it is more fun to shoot 9 instead of one per year, in your mind. You're legal by God, so I guess you got the right. I just never understood the attraction. Shooting those BB's is on the same level as shooting puppies to me. I'd just as soon watch 'em walk on by. To each his own.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those of you that chase the horn have every legalright to do as you please and you won't see me posting comments about the disservice you are doing to the herds and fellow sportsmen/women.Well I have as much legalright to do as I please. If you don't like the law that protects 1.5 yr olds but allows killing BB then go get that changed. The PGC has asked for help in reducing deer numbers by offering all the modes of killing what they define as anterless deer.Me, I like 6 month old venison back straps and frankly most 6 month old males are larger than the females of that age so I'll keep right on passing mature does andplacing my pins on the BB!
I have a den full of deer racks (8 that score above P&Y mins and of that 8, 4 that score over 150") sure some pup will now shout "post pictures or I'll claim you a troll...bla bla bla",well IF I feel real energetic I may scan a few but at my leisure not at your demands.
Until then I still have 4 more tags to fill and can you guess what I'll be looking for to put in the freezer.
Come on now, admit it. You are Atlasman's sister who is married to Deerfly/Deaddeer/Beenthere.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The posts went to Hell never to return.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow 5 BB's - You are the man! Whoops Sorry - 1 was an axident[&o]

Bet that took tremendous planning and skill waiting for the dumbest animals in the woods(on 4 legs) to walk within 20-30yrds of your stand.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Come on now, admit it. You are Atlasman's sister who is married to Deerfly/Deaddeer/Beenthere.

Now what didI say about some pup??? Go over to the Archer's Choice forumdo a search for Eagle Chickie's pictures from Africathere you can see a picture of me and my most recent animals from Africa.
I'd like to see the backstraps from 1 mature(tough) buck that will equal those from 9 BB. And yes the letter of the law is always followed in my camps. like I said if you don't like the law then work to get it changed, fine by me.Someone made the comment about saving some deer for next year,etc...well isn't it the PGC that ASKS us to harvest the deer to save the trees in the first place? The very same PGC that so many here profess to be the savior of QDMwho's idea is to kill anterless deer to raise buck on the same habitat.
Heck I have no problem with the PGC reducing deer numbers on public land, I have killed all 5 of my BB on public land . But I never hit the release on my own lands on any buck under 8pt/16"/3 yrs old.

Quick Reply: How many Pa guys will pledge........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.