Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A little guy with potential.... >

A little guy with potential....

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A little guy with potential....

Old 09-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A little guy with potential....

Caught this guy on a trail cam last night near one of my honey holes. He's obviously a pretty young deer. cant wait to see him in two years! He's in an area that gets light pressure and has a fair chance of surviving a couple more years. (He's safe under my tree)

Old 09-18-2006, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A little guy with potential....

I don't think he's too young. He's a shooter to me.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're a nicer guy than I am....I'd be sending an arrow on the way if he walked under my stand!!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks like a shooter to me
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

He is a pretty good looking deer for his age but there is a 150 class buck that frequents this spot that I've been hunting for the past 2 years. I shot a petty good one last year early in the season only to wind up seeing Mr big three more times before the season ended. Including having him at 12 yards on the last day of our late season. I'll fill the freezer with does and I'll be holding out to the end for the big boy unless he gets shot or hit by a car. Hope to get a pic of him with the trail camto post heresoon.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

How much bigger than that are they where you hunt? I agree w/ the rest of the guys. That would be a shooter under my stand.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 AM

if there is light pressure, I would pass if you have shot deer bigger than him before. Some areas of PA, he would get killed right away and be considered a monster....others he is considered a med size for now. I would have a hard time laying off on him but if you know there is a bigger deer in the area, then hold out. Can't wait to hear some stories....
Old 09-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Troutman10

How much bigger than that are they where you hunt? I agree w/ the rest of the guys. That would be a shooter under my stand.
Your state obviously does not have antler restrictions. I live and hunt in the same general area of PA and can truthfully say I too would pass on that buck. Too many biggerbucks out there to settle for that one.

Nice pic by the way Bob. I didn't know you used trail cams.
I didn't bother putting mine out this year. I need to get a digital cam.
Gets to be a pain using a film camera. I spend alot of money for pics of raccoons and fawns.[&o]
Old 09-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pic by the way Bob. I didn't know you used trail cams.
I didn't bother putting mine out this year. I need to get a digital cam.
Gets to be a pain using a film camera. I spend alot of money for pics of raccoons and fawns.[&o]
I know what you mean about the coons and fawns. This pic was one out of 18. There were about 6 good doe pics along with some pics of me trying to get out of there, squirrels etc etc but the nice thing with the digital is you simply delete them. Unfortunately, I gotta bring this one in to see whats on it so I have two and I simply swap em out. This trail cam is a Moultrie digital from Walmart for 98 bucks. I just had my 35 mm stolen from another spot this week so I dont have any high dollar cameras.

Yes, I have a much better buck that frequents that property. In 99 and 00, I kept passing a buck like this andin 01 here was my reward. Same trail, same treestand.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:29 AM

Boy if I could get on that posted QDM land up from my house, I'd be in the same boat as you, but its a 10 yr wait so I guess I'd shoot that small eight point.

Quick Reply: A little guy with potential....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.