Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Hunting alone again >

Hunting alone again

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunting alone again

Old 11-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting alone again

Hi Crow,thanks for the post,I would very much like to have a partner to hunt with and if you ever decide to come back and hunt your old stomping ground,shoot me an email.I just got up to what I call the "hunting taj mahal" about 5:00 tonight to find it snowing to beat the band,cant wait for morning.If I do anything worth bragging about,I'll be sure to post it.Stay in touch and we'll see if we can do some hunting some time.NY isnt too far for me to go to hunt either,I hear there are some big deer in those parts.Good luck this season,be safe.

Nhten
Old 12-02-2002, 07:18 AM
Spike

Well,I'm heading back up to NH for one last shot,going up thursday morning to hunt until friday night.Found some good sign last week in an area that nobody else has access to,so I think if I get in there early and stay all day,I should see a few deer.Hope everyones season went well,lets hear about it.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:53 AM

1850 ac. and no hunting friends ,something wrong here..My son and I hunt with 8 other friends on a 1000 ac farm in West Va.The season is 7 days old and 8 bucks have been taken..Your right ,you have to be careful who you envite.. Good luck hunting that 1850 ac all by yourself...
Old 12-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Spike

Hey all,my season is over but it ended with a bang(or 2).I hunted Dec 3 up in Nh and tagged a nice 7 pt,182#s.Then I was invited to hunt in Maine(m/l),so I went over there,to Ellsworth,and hunted Dec 4 and 5 and shot a huge 8 pt,240#s,so the meat freezer will be full when the butcher is finished.Hope everyones season was sucessful and safe,lets hear about it.
Old 12-07-2002, 04:52 AM
Spike

congrats nhten a good way to end your season. Still trying to fill my bow tag.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:22 PM

Hi guys...another NH hunter here. My season wasn't nearly as good as you fellas...I got skunked! It wasn't for lack of trying...I "had" to take two weeks off from work (or I would lose the vacation time)...so I went hunting. I think I went too early though...Nov 2 to Nov 17. I SAW NOTHING!! I did see plenty of sign. I was hunting big woods, alone, with few other hunters in the area. I did plenty of sitting in tree stands and on the ground...some still hunting/scouting...and around Thanksgiving...I did some tracking...but only saw one doe. I figured that I hunted about a total of 150 hours. I guess that's the way it goes when deer hunting in NH. It was, as always, still a good time. Perhaps next year.